Old CoachT Posters. Where are they now?

TheAmbassador

1 hour ago, RidinSplinters said:

Thanks lead. Big win for MC last night in OT. Congrats 

No problem man. Yes it was. MC is the walking wounded right now. I think we had about 10 players out due to injury. Gutsy play call to go for 2 and the win. 

Edited by leadfarmer

I first posted on a CoachT Message Board back in the 1990s when it was dedicated to the recent Class AAA Girls Basketball Champions Lawrence County team. They had just beat my favorite school OAK RIDGE. CoachT evolved over the years into a site for LCHS District, Girls AAU Basketball then what we know and love of CoachT.com today.

I think as the site grew a guy from Oliver Springs played a big role in helping CoachT go where no high school message board had gone before.

It is weird this tread about old time posters appread when it did. I decided to stop posting about a month ago after over 20 + years because I was posting too much after drinking and was afraid I was making Oak Ridge look bad. I have been happy not posting but I HAVE to check the Boards four or five times a day. I just love all the information CoachT posters provide. You all are really just people who love high school sports and are not afraid to show it. I admire you all.

Oak Ridge has had it share of trouble makers on our threads. Some have hated a certain OR coachs, some were fathers who tought their sons were done wrong and some where NOT Oak Ridge fans but pretended to be and constantly changed their user name.

The one poster that I hated the most was a guy back in the early 2000s that claimed to be a Jefferson County fan and posted about Oak Ridge. I think he came back later as a Farragut fan.  He was scum.

The thing I will take from my time on CoachT is how I have been changed by the people here. I used to HATE Clinton and Maryville fans but now respect their opinions. I still hate FarragutLESS though lol.

For those few people on CoachT who even knew I posted on here for many years, this is a fitting final post. IT IS LONG AND RAMBLES. I never could master the ability to say my thoughts in few words.

Take care all and thank you Coach Thompson. As always RWR - Roll Wildcats Roll. Oak Ridge is the BEST yes yes the BEST.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I joined the CoachT Boards in 2003 as a Camden Central fan/teacher. I usually post in 2A and 3A football on the West TN teams. I've been a teacher at Riverside since 2013. I like high school football and I have several friends in coaching and broadcasting - people I've taught with in the past, gone to college with, etc. When my teams get eliminated in the playoffs, I go to other games. I get mad when people get on and post nasty things anonymously. I think, one's email at the least, should be readily identifiable; or better yet, have to show one's real name. 

Edited by @38320

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I first posted on a CoachT Message Board back in the 1990s when it was dedicated to the recent Class AAA Girls Basketball Champions Lawrence County team. They had just beat my favorite school OAK RIDGE. CoachT evolved over the years into a site for LCHS District, Girls AAU Basketball then what we know and love of CoachT.com today.

I think as the site grew a guy from Oliver Springs played a big role in helping CoachT go where no high school message board had gone before.

It is weird this tread about old time posters appread when it did. I decided to stop posting about a month ago after over 20 + years because I was posting too much after drinking and was afraid I was making Oak Ridge look bad. I have been happy not posting but I HAVE to check the Boards four or five times a day. I just love all the information CoachT posters provide. You all are really just people who love high school sports and are not afraid to show it. I admire you all.

Oak Ridge has had it share of trouble makers on our threads. Some have hated a certain OR coachs, some were fathers who tought their sons were done wrong and some where NOT Oak Ridge fans but pretended to be and constantly changed their user name.

The one poster that I hated the most was a guy back in the early 2000s that claimed to be a Jefferson County fan and posted about Oak Ridge. I think he came back later as a Farragut fan.  He was scum.

The thing I will take from my time on CoachT is how I have been changed by the people here. I used to HATE Clinton and Maryville fans but now respect their opinions. I still hate FarragutLESS though lol.

For those few people on CoachT who even knew I posted on here for many years, this is a fitting final post. IT IS LONG AND RAMBLES. I never could master the ability to say my thoughts in few words.

Take care all and thank you Coach Thompson. As always RWR - Roll Wildcats Roll. Oak Ridge is the BEST yes yes the BEST.

Always enjoyed reading your stuff willy!Take care.

I started posting in 07 but got off awhile and had to change my name and password when I came back in 09. Used to love going at it back then with Guru, Shep, Moto and the Jo Byrns faithful.  Later it was always fun with the NCS bunch, now I'm more into the serious side and let the youngsters do the fighting but things have sure changed!