Round 2: Oneida @ South Greene

Guest Fall101

Good Luck to Oneida, don't really think they will need it.  The worst part of the night will be the horrible field conditions they will have to play on, rain or no rain.  Its really sad they are a top ranked team and have to play on pretty much a cow pasture.  Worse field by far I've seen in years, if not ever!  I heard a player comment a few years ago that it was the only field you could hit a home run and kick a field goal at the same time.  After watching film from their game Friday against WB, I'd say running clock for Oneida after the half and possibly the mercy rule.  Had it been on a better field with neutral refs I have no doubt WB would have came out if not on top pretty dang close.  Don't believe me get your hands on the film. 

South Greene is a tough place to play. Those kids play hard. The field is awful. If it is another wet Friday night I will say Oneida will take it. However, if it is a clear night South Greene will give them all they want. There has been nothing in the passing game the past couple weeks due to weather conditions. 

5 hours ago, GoWarriors said:

Real Good. I believe they have made it to Murfreesboro around 20 times in the schools history and won it 5 times. Those chicks can play.

Lady Rebs probably went to the Boro more than 20 x and won it 4 x just between '86 and '92 so I'm guessing won it more than 5 x also. Great girls basketball tradition, yes, but even that had to start somewhere. Coach Verran and his staff are making a lot of much needed changes to build a winning culture on Rebel Hill, too. And we have loved what he's done this year. Go Rebs

3 minutes ago, THE KING said:

I thought verran would turn north greene around but they just continue to suk every year

You can tell none of the male athletes will play football. There are about 20 kids in the school right now that’d make a huge difference. They like dribbling the hard ball too much. Middle school program is the same way. Got three schools combining to make a team and can only get 13 players. Sad times