Round 2: Oneida @ South Greene

Guest Fall101

Guest Fall101
10 hours ago, crow said:

Not saying you didn't hear that, no reason to doubt you reb, you seem like a class act. Not even saying it wasn't being passed around. I am saying no way this staff told the team SG was no good and we're working on Meigs. We weren't good enough to look past anybody and even in up years when we were I never, not a single time saw one example of it happening. Ask spike what happened the Rockwood game his freshman year when he made a "man we're gonna be good" comment on the sidelines lol. That just isn't the culture here. Do me a favor, go to YouTube and search SFN.tv you can see the last 3 seasons of oneida football there including pregame and post game interviews with the HC and you make your own mind up. No the SG game isn't up yet they're about a week after on the upload and yes the announcers are homers, they are OUR announcers after all lol. 

I remember that night and member makin that comment right beside Crow. Need less to say I learnt really quick not to make that kind of statement during a game or ever! I remember my Freshman year also playing Oakdale and a teammate fell asleep during film and coach Lambert gave him the chewin of a lifetime. He told him if you’re gonna sleep durin film you’re gonna be sleep walking durin the game Friday night. I can promise you that at Oneida you prepare and get ready for each and every team. I don’t care if it’s Oakdale or if it’s Trousdale in the Semis. 

5 minutes ago, RebRebReb said:

I'd say if I'm guessing he was a Shuffler. I think Jalen Shuffler played QB in 2011. Quick as a cat could throw too. His younger bro decided to go to Gville. He's a senior this year. In 2011, Coach Verran helped Coach Jones at SG a little that year. I hear you and coach verran may go waaaaayyyy back. 

Dang! I've been outed! :shock:

We go way back for sure....Like to kindergarten LOL! Was always friends and think highly of him. He was a stud in the backfield in high school and worked his butt off every single day.

10 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Dang! I've been outed! :shock:

We go way back for sure....Like to kindergarten LOL! Was always friends and think highly of him. He was a stud in the backfield in high school and worked his butt off every single day.

He's still pretty quick. The boys had trouble catching him to dump the Gatorade bucket on him

On 11/14/2018 at 10:20 PM, crow said:

Not saying you didn't hear that, no reason to doubt you reb, you seem like a class act. Not even saying it wasn't being passed around. I am saying no way this staff told the team SG was no good and we're working on Meigs. We weren't good enough to look past anybody and even in up years when we were I never, not a single time saw one example of it happening. Ask spike what happened the Rockwood game his freshman year when he made a "man we're gonna be good" comment on the sidelines lol. That just isn't the culture here. Do me a favor, go to YouTube and search SFN.tv you can see the last 3 seasons of oneida football there including pregame and post game interviews with the HC and you make your own mind up. No the SG game isn't up yet they're about a week after on the upload and yes the announcers are homers, they are OUR announcers after all lol. 

speaking of Lambert, I've heard he is stepping down and possibly going to University of the Cumberlands?  Do you know?

Guest Fall101
6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

This has been in the plans for a while.Heard it about 3 years ago.

I don’t know if that’s for sure what’s gonna happen but it’s for sure been talked bout before. He had Rhymer on his staff a couple years back and the only reason he hasn’t left yet is because he wanted to wait till his youngest finished senior year in football. He coached all 3 of his sons and wasn’t gonna not coach his youngest. Now that he is done with football. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if he heads up to Williamsburg!