South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Grider against that Clemons man)

Roy Dillard

4 hours ago, piratetom said:

Still a lot of fight left in our boys. We’ve seen glimpses of what they are capable of doing. Putting it together for a four quarter game is a must from here on out. Lay it all on the line at the Jungle Friday night from the moment you step off that bus. Leave no doubt that the Pirates are there to play from the opening kickoff until the last horn sounds. 

We fans will be there to support you and we will be loud! Go Pirates!

True.

• Upvote 1

I think SP win 21-28 points if we just line up and run the ball. Seriously, we need to abandon our passing game and just hope for the best in the running game. We can't seem to block to good on pass plays and we just got our QB back and I thought oh my he's going to get hurt before last weeks game was over. This could actually be a shootout offensively if we play D this Friday like we played in the first half last week. Grant it, we made adjustments in the second half, but there was really no call in our D giving up what they did in the first half. If we were playing touch football this past Friday we'd held them to 0 yards.  Each week the games get a little harder and you never know what's going to happen in the jungle. We better get over there and take care of business and not let them hang around or we might be singing the blues!!!

I think G'ville & SP  should be a better game than what people think.  Croz said it best, we're a team that rises to the level of our competition.  I'm sure that SP will be on top of their game.  In order to play with a team like SP you have to make very little if any mistakes and then be able to capitalize on their mistakes.  As far as a passing or running attack I don't want to give anything away but I think our QB has done a really good job this year.  Givens is a work horse with a lot of talent.  Hopefully he'll be able to play a little but I think it's still up in the air.  Either way we still have some good talent and I think it will be a good game.  

52 minutes ago, GoBlue98 said:

I think G'ville & SP  should be a better game than what people think.  Croz said it best, we're a team that rises to the level of our competition.  I'm sure that SP will be on top of their game.  In order to play with a team like SP you have to make very little if any mistakes and then be able to capitalize on their mistakes.  As far as a passing or running attack I don't want to give anything away but I think our QB has done a really good job this year.  Givens is a work horse with a lot of talent.  Hopefully he'll be able to play a little but I think it's still up in the air.  Either way we still have some good talent and I think it will be a good game.  

I think most people know that Gordonsville will play well. Us SP fans have seen good and bad times up there. 

I'm not a South Pitt fan but I respect the program.  Probably one of the best football atmospheres in the state.  Nothing like riding a bus into SP through town seeing all the businesses closed for game time, then coming up on the field seeing all that orange & black.  I remember in '93 when SP rolled into G'ville.  I was in 7th grade.  Unfortunately I never got the chance to play against them.  We always had to play the private schools during the playoffs but we use to always say that when playoff season comes, "all roads lead through South Pitt".   I think G'ville will play well.  If not, SP will not let off until the final whistle.  

Edited by GoBlue98

I hope we at least bring a decent crowd to the game. So many at SP have gotton so spoiled over the year's they don't even show up to back the program unless it's a so called big game .  To have a program like our's and to not have the stand's full is an insult to our whole program.  For what was possibly our last home game of the year and only have about half the stands full , well in Roy's word's,It was a bunch of mess!!!! 

1 hour ago, GoBlue98 said:

I'm not a South Pitt fan but I respect the program.  Probably one of the best football atmospheres in the state.  Nothing like riding a bus into SP through town seeing all the businesses closed for game time, then coming up on the field seeing all that orange & black.  I remember in '93 when SP rolled into G'ville.  I was in 7th grade.  Unfortunately I never got the chance to play against them.  We always had to play the private schools during the playoffs but we use to always say that when playoff season comes, "all roads lead through South Pitt".   I think G'ville will play well.  If not, SP will not let off until the final whistle.  

Gordy typically plays SP very well. 

1 hour ago, sportman said:

I hope we at least bring a decent crowd to the game. So many at SP have gotton so spoiled over the year's they don't even show up to back the program unless it's a so called big game .  To have a program like our's and to not have the stand's full is an insult to our whole program.  For what was possibly our last home game of the year and only have about half the stands full , well in Roy's word's,It was a bunch of mess!!!! 

I agree.  Crowd size was very disappointing. Almost as disappointing as the knowledge of the rules of football that the officiating crew possessed. 

Our crowd did get really loud a few times, especially when a holding call was finally assessed against Monterey. 

Did I mention we got a flag for calling a timeout while going for 2 but it was waved off? 

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I agree.  Crowd size was very disappointing. Almost as disappointing as the knowledge of the rules of football that the officiating crew possessed. 

Our crowd did get really loud a few times, especially when a holding call was finally assessed against Monterey. 

Did I mention we got a flag for calling a timeout while going for 2 but it was waved off? 

I said before I left that this bunch and the game we played against Moore Co a few years back had to be the worst bunch of so called ref's I have ever seen in my life.  I don't bash the officials as much as some do but this bunch we had Friday night were the most biased I have ever witnessed at Beene Stadium!!!