Columbia Academy at Waverly Central (2nd around)

BulldawgsRise

1 minute ago, JoeyFreshwater said:

They will show up Apache. But if I had to guess. I would say Waverly will show up to. I don’t see Waverly backing down from the Middle TN recruiting machine of Columbia Academy. I know, I know y’all don’t recruit every kid has been there since kindergarten. Lmao. It is what it is. May try to come to Columbia next week and watch this one. 

You’ll have a hard time getting a ticket for this one in Columbia next week! I heard they already sold all of those!

2 minutes ago, JoeyFreshwater said:

They will show up Apache. But if I had to guess. I would say Waverly will show up to. I don’t see Waverly backing down from the Middle TN recruiting machine of Columbia Academy. I know, I know y’all don’t recruit every kid has been there since kindergarten. Lmao. It is what it is. May try to come to Columbia next week and watch this one. 

We will do just fine next year. But what is Waverly going to do when they lose #11 and #37?

3 minutes ago, JoeyFreshwater said:

The game is in Waverly

Just now, Apache said:

Defense and ball control won this game last season. Should be the same plan this time.

If CA can start controlling the pace then it will definitely become a challenge for us, but if Waverly gets ahead early it's gonna force yall out of that and will make it a rough game for you guys. First quarter will tell a lot about the game, no matter how much we talk it will all become clear Friday.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MightyMouse said:

If CA can start controlling the pace then it will definitely become a challenge for us, but if Waverly gets ahead early it's gonna force yall out of that and will make it a rough game for you guys. First quarter will tell a lot about the game, no matter how much we talk it will all become clear Friday.

I’d say that if Waverly hasn’t put up at least 2 scores by the end of the 1st quarter they are going to have a rough night. Just my thoughts, could be wrong!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apache said:

I’d say that if Waverly hasn’t put up at least 2 scores by the end of the 1st quarter they are going to have a rough night. Just my thoughts, could be wrong!

You're not really that wrong here. Waverly is a slow starter but not as bad as what CA has shown. Both are 2nd half teams. But if the Bulldogs dont have at least 20 by halftime they wont stand a chance.

16 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

It’s all for fun. I don’t really thjnk either one of these teams is going to cookeville but I think this is gonna be a great game. I know CA will be pumped up and I hope they play like it. I’m sure they want nothing more than to beat a Waverly and then get sweet revenge against Lewis County the next week. Not sure who wins this game but it could go either way. 

Riverside will beat Lewis 

48 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

If this becomes a shootout then Waverly wins easily. CA can’t score with Waverly. CA has the better defense, but Waverly has a way better offense. Someone else mentioned it. If Waverly gets up by several scores early it’s going to be really tough on CA. I’m picking Waverly to win this one. 

Unfortunately for Waverly it’s not a shootout. It’s a football game! A good coach can control the tempo of the game. I agree that if Waverly is allowed to play the game they like it could get ugly for CA. But if CA controls the style of play Waverly’s in trouble. It’s really a toss up right now! Both teams have the athletes to win this game, just depends on who executes their plan the best. That’s why I say it comes down to the team with the best coach wins. It’s not about having the best players or about the X’s and O’s. It’s about keeping your team mentally in it when things aren’t going as planned.

This game is not going to be a blowout either way. Anyone who thinks that is being silly.  

I've seen both teams a combined 6x in the last 12 months. 

Wavelry has a very fundamentally sound O line, 3 ridiculous skill guys, and an average defense. 

CA has 1 ridiculous skill guy, a couple other good skill guys, and a very good defense. 

CA has been saddled this year with appearing apathetic at times, making little mistakes that they weren't making last year, and the loss of their QB. 

With Waverly, if you put a good athlete on #37, he won't destroy you. But then you have to still line up and take care of #11. #45 is a load to bring down. 

I think this is gonna be about who is winning at the LOS. Not from a power/push standpoint, but from technique. Can CA shed Waverly's excellent blockers and get 2 stops per half. 

On the other side CA needs to play an almost mistake free game offensively, SO THEY CAN SCORE. Holding Waverly to 21 or 28 points is meaningless if you are sputtering, coughing up the ball, putting yourself in holes with penalties, having the majority of the action on your side of the field, etc. 

Waverly will be very up for this game. Maybe TOO up. It's a very long trip for CA. 

I think both teams will be ready to play. I'll have a pick by Thursday

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Apache said:

Unfortunately for Waverly it’s not a shootout. It’s a football game! A good coach can control the tempo of the game. I agree that if Waverly is allowed to play the game they like it could get ugly for CA. But if CA controls the style of play Waverly’s in trouble. It’s really a toss up right now! Both teams have the athletes to win this game, just depends on who executes their plan the best. That’s why I say it comes down to the team with the best coach wins. It’s not about having the best players or about the X’s and O’s. It’s about keeping your team mentally in it when things aren’t going as planned.

I think the game tempo is pretty much what I said. And yes.. a lot of times it’s about the Jimmy’s and Joe’s not Xs and Os. I will say it again. If Waverly can put 5 scores up in this game it favors them to win. However, if they only score say under 28 then CA has a great shot.