TCA @ Peabody 2nd Round

FightingBlue0

TCA has absolutely NOTHING to lose this game.  Nobody is giving them a snowballs chance.  I think that’s great!  These boys can relax all week and have a good time at practice because if they lose, no big deal, that’s what everyone is predicting BUT if they make it close or win then that is just gravy.  For the 12th time this year TCA will take the field with the smallest roster and the smallest team as far as size.  Our line averages about 195.  In reality this is probably the 100th game in a row that this has happened.  My son played from 2012-2015 and it was always the same story. We have managed to win a lot of big games over the years with the smallest roster and smallest lineup so no excuses but it’s time for this team to man up and prove that they aren’t 70 points worse than Peabody.  We all know Peabody is the better team and TCA is outmanned but that doesn’t mean you can’t play with some “fight” in you.  I think the boys grew up against Mitchell and are ready to make a statement.  Making a statement isn’t always about winning the game. If we keep it close then I think that’s a strong statement that these boys finished strong and persevered like Paul encourages us all to do.  This Senior class has a great bunch of kids and I want to see them finish strong!  Good luck to both teams and I hope the winner brings home the gold ball.  Much respect for the talent that Peabody has.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intense said:

TCA has absolutely NOTHING to lose this game.  Nobody is giving them a snowballs chance.  I think that’s great!  These boys can relax all week and have a good time at practice because if they lose, no big deal, that’s what everyone is predicting BUT if they make it close or win then that is just gravy.  For the 12th time this year TCA will take the field with the smallest roster and the smallest team as far as size.  Our line averages about 195.  In reality this is probably the 100th game in a row that this has happened.  My son played from 2012-2015 and it was always the same story. We have managed to win a lot of big games over the years with the smallest roster and smallest lineup so no excuses but it’s time for this team to man up and prove that they aren’t 70 points worse than Peabody.  We all know Peabody is the better team and TCA is outmanned but that doesn’t mean you can’t play with some “fight” in you.  I think the boys grew up against Mitchell and are ready to make a statement.  Making a statement isn’t always about winning the game. If we keep it close then I think that’s a strong statement that these boys finished strong and persevered like Paul encourages us all to do.  This Senior class has a great bunch of kids and I want to see them finish strong!  Good luck to both teams and I hope the winner brings home the gold ball.  Much respect for the talent that Peabody has.

70 points  worse ?  I don’t think anyone thinks that is the case.  There is a lot of respect from Peabody for TCA. 

8 minutes ago, Intense said:

Heart of a Lion !!! Great post sir !!

18 minutes ago, Intense said:

Great post! If the lions have this attitude then we will be in for a fight. 

11 hours ago, Intense said:

Great post.  Here at Peabody, we take great pride in our program.  Coach Haney, coach Rickey Woods, coach Gaddis and now coach Jacobs have done a great job with the success of our teams.  In Trenton we have become very spoiled and sometimes too objective. But I believe in calling it like I see it.  I have much respect for our coaching staff.  They put in countless hours preparing our kids for the task at hand.  Do I always agree with every call they make?  Absolutely not.  But understand this.  They know the kids better than we do.  If our kids don't win the Gold ball, it will not be because of a lack of talent.  Sometimes the best teams get beat.  Sometimes the best teams don't play as well on a given night.  Sometimes, and in most cases, the better team wins.  We won the Gold in 2014.  Some say coach Woods would have won it in 2015 w/ Peabody. Ha, Ha.  Coach Belechik would have lost that game (NCS) College by multiple scores.  I saw coach Haney take his teams deep in the playoffs and to a state championship game only to lose to private schools.  Kent Scott had success in his tenure with Kendal Harper but was defeated by GoodPasture. Coach Jacobs would most likely have a ring in 2015 but NCS College won it all.  TCA vs Peabody.  This will be a more competitive game with Peabody pulling away midway through the 3rd quarter.  I could be wrong.  I have been wrong before.  Roll Tide!

Edited by Golddoctor

24 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

Great post.  Here at Peabody, we take great pride in our program.  Coach Haney, coach Rickey Woods, coach Gaddis and now coach Jacobs have done a great job with the success of our teams.  In Trenton we have become very spoiled and sometimes too objective. But I believe in calling it like I see it.  I have much respect for our coaching staff.  They put in countless hours preparing our kids for the task at hand.  Do I always agree with every call they make?  Absolutely not.  But understand this.  They know the kids better than we do.  If our kids don't win the Gold ball, it will not be because of a lack of talent.  Sometimes the best teams get beat.  Sometimes the best teams don't play as well on a given night.  Sometimes, and in most cases, the better team wins.  We won the Gold in 2014.  Some say coach Woods would have won it in 2015 w/ Peabody. Ha, Ha.  Coach Belechik would have lost that game (NCS) College by multiple scores.  I saw coach Haney take his teams deep in the playoffs and to a state championship game only to lose to private schools.  Kent Scott had success in his tenure with Kendal Harper but was defeated by GoodPasture. Coach Jacobs would most likely have a ring in 2015 but NCS College won it all.  TCA vs Peabody.  This will be a more competitive game with Peabody pulling away midway through the 3rd quarter.  I could be wrong.  I have been wrong before.  Roll Tide!

And by the way, TCA is a class act.  They treat us with much respect when we are at their place.  I hope we can extend the same hospitality you all give us.  Good luck to both teams.

Edited by Golddoctor

54 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

And by the way, TCA is a class act.  They treat us with much respect when we are at their place.  I hope we can extend the same hospitality you all give us.  Good luck to both teams.

Always felt welcome from the Tide. Just not on the scoreboard so much lately.  Hahahaha.  Looking forward to a good game. May be my last go round. My son is a senior and so it’s hard to get a handle on what the emotions will be.