Trousdale goes to Tyner Round 2

Cam615

8 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

I assume that the Baines kid is a starter. The box score shows that he ran for a 48 yard touchdown with 7:50 remaining in the 4th quarter.

The Lebanon-Democrat reported. RTD you must be truthful(lol).

That was TC other QB #6 I may be wrong but the backups played most of the 4th quarter 

2 minutes ago, RTD said:

That was TC other QB #6 I may be wrong but the backups played most of the 4th quarter 

TCRadio says otherwise..go read his post( 2 pages back). It doesn't matter because the starters on both teams will need to play the entire game this coming Friday. 

Does TC have 2 people named Baines on the roster? In the article Coach Waggoner complimented the QB Baines for his run and his int's on defense!

1 minute ago, TynerRamFan said:

TCRadio says otherwise..go read his post( 2 pages back). It doesn't matter because the starters on both teams will need to play the entire game this coming Friday. 

Does TC have 2 people named Baines on the roster? In the article Coach Waggoner complimented the QB Baines for his run and his int's on defense!

No, it's the same player he starts at QB and Corner 

2 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

I know this will be a very close game I'm just looking forward to finally playing Tyner another legendary program 

1 minute ago, RTD said:

I know this will be a very close game I'm just looking forward to finally playing Tyner another legendary program 

Hey, I feel the same way especially since this is the first time they have faced each other. If my memory serves me correctly, TC won a Gold Ball in 1997 in 1A the same year Tyner won the 2A championship! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ram4Life said:

I was at the Tyner/East Robertson game.  Tyner missed big play opportunities very early that might have set a stronger tone with simple overthrows but still managed to score on their first two possessions.  Best I can remember ER turned the ball over and we had chance to be up 21-0 in the first quarter or early 2nd quarter.  Maybe if we had done that we could have forced ER to be more one dimensional but we didn't - It was a combination of some lethargy on our part and ER played very hard.  I was impressed with some of their big guys and their QB #9 was a pretty good runner and a tough kid who took hit after hit and kept going.  The freshman receiver #13 showed time after time how good he is a going to be and why Kentucky has already offered him with very solid receptions against our secondary.  Those guys keyed a drive to make the score 14-7.  Though we put together a decent 2 minute drive at end of half we missed a field goal with a bad hold it appeared and it was 14-7 at half with ER getting ball to start 2nd.  They converted at least 2 4th down plays mostly running right at us with the QB and scored again to start second half and got within one at 14-13.  We pulled away from there with better defense - a couple of interceptions and big plays on offense.  We generated almost no big plays in the run game, gave up 13 points and I can see why that has some TC posters thinking we will be a cakewalk and more reasonable folks like you feeling quite a bit more confident than you were.  It seems like from what I heard that maybe it wasn't a great week of practice for the team last week but I certainly expect and hope that coaches and players will be very focused all week long.  If we are, I like our chances.  Go Rams.

I don't think anyone from TC thinks it will be a cakewalk. Like I said after the Whitwell game... we're just not that good. We're ok...but nothing special.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

I would have to disagree, There’s only one team in the east that would challenge Meigs in 1A and that is Greenback, and that game would be a toss up.

Personally, I think Meigs is overated. 

I think TC, Tyner, and Watertown all would beat them in 2A. They've had some questionable scores in my mind.