MT. PLEASANT @ HUNTINGDON

footballover

4 hours ago, footballover said:

Huntingdon has the best stadium. Paul Ward Stadium is top notch. Tons on seating on both sides. New press box and bathrooms large concession stand. Remodeled the outside of the fieldhouse. All they need now is an indoor practice facility!

And with all these upgrades,it has taken away the home field feel.Its got that private school feel.Not to mention there hasn't been a meaningful game played here since all the upgrades. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad02 said:

U beat us by 21 last year with a whole lot stuff that should have not happened not saying yall would not have won but it's not like yall dog stomped us 

Guys no disrespect intended, but Greenback toyed with you guys last year. They got up big and took their foot off the accelerator. Greenback was easily 21-28 points better than you. You had an awesome season, but the championship game was the week before.  

Edited by TheAmbassador

9 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Guys no disrespect intended, but Greenback toyed with you guys last year. They got up big and took their foot off the accelerator. Greenback was easily 21-28 points better than you. You had an awesome season, but the championship game was the week before.  

Serious question if Greenback don’t have Gilbert for the game and Cornersville would have had Woodard playing? The rolls could have be reversed....  just matching best player vs best player on each team. 

2 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

Serious question if Greenback don’t have Gilbert for the game and Cornersville would have had Woodard playing? The rolls could have be reversed....  just matching best player vs best player on each team. 

Gilbert got a lot of attention, but personally I thought the QB was their best player last season. I’m not trying to ruffle feathers. I’m just calling it like I see it. Greenback was just a lot better than you guys last season. SP had a very good defense in 2017, but they still put 31 on us. I just think they were head and shoulders better than Cornersville. 

24 minutes ago, horse said:

And with all these upgrades,it has taken away the home field feel.Its got that private school feel.Not to mention there hasn't been a meaningful game played here since all the upgrades. 

The problem is not the field or the stadium or the facilities. The problem is the butts in the seats. Lots of people come to the games but very few actually CHEER. Never understood what the issue is there. Negates home field advantage if you dont get loud and cheer on the boys

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Gilbert got a lot of attention, but personally I thought the QB was their best player last season. I’m not trying to ruffle feathers. I’m just calling it like I see it. Greenback was just a lot better than you guys last season. SP had a very good defense in 2017, but they still put 31 on us. I just think they were head and shoulders better than Cornersville. 

We take what you give us in my opinion thats great coaching.When Gilbert was on you fed the beast against SP he didnt have a great game then you turn to someone else.The QB is great at seeing this and is the motor for our machine.In the Championship our staff took the game over and as Bass said took the foot off.I said going into that game it should he a 42-14 type game and it basically was.GB could have put 50 on the board but thats not quiet our thing unless you just cant help it.SP was the next best team i saw on the field or on video last year.If Mckinney from Coalfield was healthy they were with Pitt.I would never take away what you guys a Cville did last year but it is what it is.With Gilbert or without it would still have been a multiple score win.Any way good luck you all had GREAT fans and i had a good time tslking with them!

3 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

We take what you give us in my opinion thats great coaching.When Gilbert was on you fed the beast against SP he didnt have a great game then you turn to someone else.The QB is great at seeing this and is the motor for our machine.In the Championship our staff took the game over and as Bass said took the foot off.I said going into that game it should he a 42-14 type game and it basically was.GB could have put 50 on the board but thats not quiet our thing unless you just cant help it.SP was the next best team i saw on the field or on video last year.If Mckinney from Coalfield was healthy they were with Pitt.I would never take away what you guys a Cville did last year but it is what it is.With Gilbert or without it would still have been a multiple score win.Any way good luck you all had GREAT fans and i had a good time tslking with them!

TBH, sometimes it can be hard to tell who the best player is. It’s somebody different every game. Obviously there are a select few that are the “best” but for opposing teams, they’re all pretty even which I think is a bigger challenge for opposing teams. 

3 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

If you think in any way that you or cornersville or any 1A team in the state of Tennessee is as good as NCS or Dresden, you are out of your mind. There’s about 2 really good teams out West and 1 decent team that I know of. The east also has 2 really good teams and 1 decent team. But nobody this year or last year would even come close to being able to stand on the same field as Dresden or NCS. GB people know that we will have our hands full in the 4th round and state game if we make it that far and don’t slip up. But don’t be delusional. You’re nowhere near as good as NCS or Dresden lol 

I don't know if the Dresden team that beat Greenback is better than this years Mustangs or not. Huntingdon I think has more speed and offensive weapons than the Winn led Lions. Time will tell!

45 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

This will affend some but Gilbert was our best player last year.