York at Upperman Round 2

jimbo44

57 minutes ago, putnamcountyfan said:

I know you have hatred for UHS but what happened in last few weeks to make a difference that York now wins after losing 35-14

2 suspended starters back would be the first thing that comes to my mind.  I also have to say the adjustments made at half that kept you scoreless seems to lead me to think this will be a much closer game.  In a low scoring game I’m taking York.  

Coach does not run up the score. Many games this season we have had slower second halfs. It's because they play conservative and sit on the ball. You think Canon and Cumberland county made great adjustments and shut us down in the second half. no. That's what good teams do when they have the win in hand. It will be a good game but ultimately upperman is the better team. It will not be a low scoring game upperman has speed at wideout they don't have to use but once or twice a game. York and sequatchie are decent football teams. Just a notch below the U. Season ends Friday for both of them. 

8 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

Coach does not run up the score. Many games this season we have had slower second halfs. It's because they play conservative and sit on the ball. You think Canon and Cumberland county made great adjustments and shut us down in the second half. no. That's what good teams do when they have the win in hand. It will be a good game but ultimately upperman is the better team. It will not be a low scoring game upperman has speed at wideout they don't have to use but once or twice a game. York and sequatchie are decent football teams. Just a notch below the U. Season ends Friday for both of them. 

would tend to agree. Which sets up a very intriguing QF matchup. Correct me if i am wrong. But to this point Upperman has out athleted everyone they have played correct?

I can't say yes to that. I'm not sure we are more athletic than Cookeville. They have some pretty good athletes. They have some freshmen and sophomores who don't play that could play for us. We were just more physical and more disciplined. Loudons running back was the best athlete we have saw all season. Not sure if their numbers are down but they had 3 tiny guys out there starting. Looked like 7th or 8th graders but they were solid. I think the kid from Red Bank is special. Was at the game a couple of years ago and he ran all over us. Don't have an athlete on his level. But we have 3-4 guys who can run with the best of them. And a whole lot of physical players. They swarm to the ball. 4-5 guys in on most tackles. 

1 hour ago, MadHatter1 said:

I didn’t see a change in play calling I seen adjustments made but we can agree to disagree.  Should be an interesting game and an awesome atmosphere

Edited by option76

1 hour ago, crow said:

BC, y'all better watch some YAI film, they been scouting y'all for weeks. Word is they're coming for ya :shock: :eek:

Promise you that nobody watches more film in a week than the UHS coach does. Never seen a high school coach who works more hours than him. This will be a great game - close either way. Upperman has some athletes just like York - this one may be won in the trenches. The line play will be critical for both teams.  I think the Bees may have a slight advantage with the game being in Baxter and all players back at 100 percent this week. 

32 minutes ago, fball2010 said:

Promise you that nobody watches more film in a week than the UHS coach does. Never seen a high school coach who works more hours than him. This will be a great game - close either way. Upperman has some athletes just like York - this one may be won in the trenches. The line play will be critical for both teams.  I think the Bees may have a slight advantage with the game being in Baxter and all players back at 100 percent this week. 

I don't know, YAI has been watching film on alcoa for weeks now the way I heard it.