Round 2 Crockett County at Dyersburg

Trojan1976

This game will be intense and remember the hard fought win ny the Trojans a few wks., back at Alamo. The Cavaliers as everyone in our region would like nothing more then to tarnish the Trojans unblemish record and escape with victory going into the next round. The Trojans must stay focused and not assume it will be easy, there won't be anymore easy games for the rest of this season...  My prediction Dyersburg by a touchdown....your input is welcomed and valued.

11 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

(UCF) I mean DHS 34-6 , still haven't played anybody. 12th game and still not an opponent with over 6 wins. DHS rolls another week. 

dhs the UCF of 4A

You need to check your facts before you post so you don’t make yourself look stupid. They have played 2 opponents with more than 6 wins. 

50 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

(UCF) I mean DHS 34-6 , still haven't played anybody. 12th game and still not an opponent with over 6 wins. DHS rolls another week. 

dhs the UCF of 4A

Although you are technically correct in your statement, further analysis provides more information that demonstrates that Dyersburg’s opponents are better than your broad statement.

Dyersburg has played four teams that are playing in the second round.  

Crockett County is a good team.  Haywood is battle tested and has loses that have come at the hands of top ranked opponents.  Jackson Northside schedule is ranked as the 7th toughest schedule.  These are three teams that can play with most of the top 10 teams in 4a, and IMO can beat many of them. 

Elizabethton Fighting Cyclones
Schedule: 16th toughest
Overall: 10-1
Region: 5-1
Members of Region 1. Nine meetings with Top 25 opponents. Upcoming game against #5 Anderson Countyon Friday. Recently defeated #20 Howard.
Greeneville Greene Devils
Schedule: 35th toughest
Overall: 11-0
Region: 6-0
Members of Region 1. Five meetings with Top 25 opponents. Upcoming game against #11 Sullivan South on Friday. Recently defeated East Hamilton.
Schedule: 36th toughest
Region: 5-1
Members of Region 5. Seven meetings with Top 25 opponents. Upcoming game against #10 Jackson North Side on Friday. Recently defeated #15 Hardin County.
Dyersburg Trojans
Schedule: 45th toughest
Region: 5-0
Members of Region 7. Five meetings with Top 25 opponents. Upcoming game against #18 Crockett Countyon Friday. Recently defeated Memphis East.
Anderson County Mavericks
Schedule: 46th toughest
Members of Region 2. Four meetings with Top 25 opponents. Upcoming game against #1 Elizabethton on Friday. Recently defeated #19 Union County.
Maplewood Panthers
Schedule: 40th toughest
Members of Region 4. Five meetings with Top 25 opponents. Upcoming game against #13 Nolensville on Friday. Recently defeated DeKalb County.
Springfield Yellow Jackets
Schedule: 29th toughest
Overall: 9-2
Members of Region 5. Eight meetings with Top 25 opponents. Upcoming game against #8 Jackson South Sideon Friday. Recently defeated Chester County.
Schedule: 43rd toughest
Region: 4-1
Members of Region 6. Six meetings with Top 25 opponents. Upcoming game against #7 Springfield on Friday. Recently defeated #16 Creek Wood.
Tullahoma Wildcats
Schedule: 38th toughest
Overall: 9-2
Region: 4-1
Members of Region 4. Seven meetings with Top 25 opponents. Upcoming game against #17 Marshall Countyon Friday. Recently defeated #25 Livingston Academy.
Schedule: 7th toughest
Overall: 7-4
Members of Region 6. Nine meetings with Top 25 opponents. Upcoming game against #3 Montgomery Central on Friday. Recently defeated #23 Portland.

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You need to check your facts before you post so you don’t make yourself look stupid. They have played 2 opponents with more than 6 wins. 

It’s evident they have been butt hurt by Dyersburg somewhere along the line. This schedule was made 2 years ago and contains teams who made semifinals last year in 4A and 5A. You can only beat who is put in front of you. 

I don't wanna look stew pid & offend purp but UCF Dyersburg played 2 teams with winning records(both 6-4). Isn't that kinna fortunate that the best two teams that you play in any given season will only be 6-4, pretty freaking favorable.

But more or a most favorable fact that is that 8 out their 10 opponents didn't have a winning record.

Isn't that something? Isn't that pretty soothing & non threatening to know that 8 of 10 of our opponents on our schedule will be 500 or less(5-5 or worse). Who can argue with that?

to borrow from the great Roy Dillard, "you think I'm joking but I'm not"

facts UCF

Wolfchase I asked for a score prediction not a speech on what all is Bad about the Trojans...LOL.

..  THE SCHEDULES are made a few yrs in advance so hard to figure where any team will be two yrs into thr future. Example Memphis East two yrs ago They were state champs, this year they were winless

STOP YOUR HATING AND PLAY BALL 

6 hours ago, wolfchase said:

I don't wanna look stew pid & offend purp but UCF Dyersburg played 2 teams with winning records(both 6-4). Isn't that kinna fortunate that the best two teams that you play in any given season will only be 6-4, pretty freaking favorable.

But more or a most favorable fact that is that 8 out their 10 opponents didn't have a winning record.

Isn't that something? Isn't that pretty soothing & non threatening to know that 8 of 10 of our opponents on our schedule will be 500 or less(5-5 or worse). Who can argue with that?

to borrow from the great Roy Dillard, "you think I'm joking but I'm not"

facts UCF

You haven’t offended me at all. I just want the truth to be told. You made the statement this morning that Dyersburg hasn’t played anyone with more than 6 wins. And as of the time you made the statement Dyersburg had played 2 teams with more than 6 wins. Those are facts. Again check your facts before you speak so you don’t look stupid. 

Not hatin on Dyersburg at all Trojen & purp just pointing out the details, creating the narrative. As you can see I pick/picked em to win and somewhat convincingly verse CC (what was it UCF/DHS 34 CC 6) maybe more like 35-13 or so. Anyway Trojans/Knights win as they should, what's CC 6-5? after 11 gaining a free win verse powerful  Region 8, so basically CC is a 500(5-5) regular season opponent.

DHS/UCF played 8 of 10 regular season teams with a 5-5 or worse record. 8 teams/opponents with non winning records. Heck any team(t-ball, badmitten, coach pitch, soccer, pop warner) any team can/should & will be winners playing against 8 of 10(80%) of their opponents having a 500/5-5 or worse record & even more astonishing & unbelievable, the two teams they did play with winning records were just 6-4, WOW how lucky, fortunate is that. Then to top it off (make things even more real) the 11th game or 1st playoff game is verse an even worse team at with (none/zero) 0 wins & only 12pts scored all season long.smh

Is the above not true & factual? Trojan or purp

Imagine this, let's just look at some possibilities. What if Tennessee(the Vols) got or has a schedule whereas at least 8 of their opponents were to have 500 or worse records. Vols would be 11-0

They would scratch or couldn't play Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Ole Miss, Miss St, couldn't even play Kentucky or even Vanderbilt, couldn't play South Carolina or even (Missouri now overall 5-4), couldn't play LSU, Auburn or Texas A&M, couldn't play Notre Dame, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Troy, Georgia So, App St, Georgia Tech, Clemson, BC, Houston, Memphis, UCF, Temple, Cincinnati, USF, Syracuse,NC State, Miami or Virginia, and many others.

They could however play Arkansas, Tulane, UTEP, Rice, Western Ky, FAU, UMASS, Liberty, Kent St, Bowling Green, UNLV, Oregon St, Ball St, Akron, Miami Oh and such.  You see Vols may be/could be/should be 11-0 in that case

to quote Roy Dillard "you think I'm joking but I'm not"

Real Talk Truth

And I like Dyersburg, just pickin at ya, pointin out the facts

Too many teams in the playoffs, low quality, low expectations, watered down

Look up & down the bracket. littered with 0-10, 1-9, 2-8, 3-7 records occasionally ok to somehow have one or two at the most but 12+ a dozen or more just not legit

even 5-5 records should be a rarity

40 minutes ago, wolfchase said:

Not hatin on Dyersburg at all Trojen & purp just pointing out the details, creating the narrative. As you can see I pick/picked em to win and somewhat convincingly verse CC (what was it UCF/DHS 34 CC 6) maybe more like 35-13 or so. Anyway Trojans/Knights win as they should, what's CC 6-5? after 11 gaining a free win verse powerful  Region 8, so basically CC is a 500(5-5) regular season opponent.

DHS/UCF played 8 of 10 regular season teams with a 5-5 or worse record. 8 teams/opponents with non winning records. Heck any team(t-ball, badmitten, coach pitch, soccer, pop warner) any team can/should & will be winners playing against 8 of 10(80%) of their opponents having a 500/5-5 or worse record & even more astonishing & unbelievable, the two teams they did play with winning records were just 6-4, WOW how lucky, fortunate is that. Then to top it off (make things even more real) the 11th game or 1st playoff game is verse an even worse team at with (none/zero) 0 wins & only 12pts scored all season long.smh

Is the above not true & factual? Trojan or purp

Imagine this, let's just look at some possibilities. What if Tennessee(the Vols) got or has a schedule whereas at least 8 of their opponents were to have 500 or worse records. Vols would be 11-0

They would scratch or couldn't play Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Ole Miss, Miss St, couldn't even play Kentucky or even Vanderbilt, couldn't play South Carolina or even (Missouri now overall 5-4), couldn't play LSU, Auburn or Texas A&M, couldn't play Notre Dame, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Troy, Georgia So, App St, Georgia Tech, Clemson, BC, Houston, Memphis, UCF, Temple, Cincinnati, USF, Syracuse,NC State, Miami or Virginia, and many others.

They could however play Arkansas, Tulane, UTEP, Rice, Western Ky, FAU, UMASS, Liberty, Kent St, Bowling Green, UNLV, Oregon St, Ball St, Akron, Miami Oh and such.  You see Vols may be/could be/should be 11-0 in that case

to quote Roy Dillard "you think I'm joking but I'm not"

Real Talk Truth

And I like Dyersburg, just pickin at ya, pointin out the facts

Too many teams in the playoffs, low quality, low expectations, watered down

Look up & down the bracket. littered with 0-10, 1-9, 2-8, 3-7 records occasionally ok to somehow have one or two at the most but 12+ a dozen or more just not legit

even 5-5 records should be a rarity

Non of this is relevant to the fact that that you were wrong.  You made the statement that DHS played no one with more than 6 wins. At the time you made the statement  DHS had played 2 teams with 7 wins each. You were wrong. End of story. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Upvote 1

Big Purple was correct a few of your statements were incorrect perhaps you might want to collaborate your story prior to posting. If it's one thing we get enough of it's "fake news". Another point in case u missed ot earlier these schedules are made sometimes two or more seasons in advance., therefore its not always assured that some teams will be as good or if they will be around in two yrs. the way a lot of these kids transfer.  I can assure u DHS can play with anyone and give them a competitive game. In reference to our first round opponent, you might want to take tg3at matter up with the TSSAA .