5A Playoffs Round One

W 42-14

Ridgeway:

Fri Sep. 21 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Munford R 

W 42-20

Fri Nov. 2 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Dyer County 
5A Playoffs Round One

W 41-13

Not much different between the two teams. Henry County will be playing at home, so there is that advantage. Ridgeway's Non-region schedule is much stiffer with MUS, Whitehaven, and Pulaski Academy (AR). Henry County has a very good Germantown on their schedule as their lone loss. I said that this game would be 35 -21 Henry County. I'm thinking more along the lines of 24 - 21 HC now. These are two very good teams that appear to be evenly matched. I'm giving HC the custumary 3 point advantage for homefield.

Edited by kwc

37 minutes ago, kwc said:

Comparing common opponents:

Henry County:

Fri Aug. 31 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Dyer County R 

W 49-16

Fri Nov. 2 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Munford 
5A Playoffs Round One

W 42-14

Ridgeway:

Fri Sep. 21 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Munford R 

W 42-20

Fri Nov. 2 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Dyer County 
5A Playoffs Round One

W 41-13

Not much different between the two teams. Henry County will be playing at home, so there is that advantage. Ridgeway's Non-region schedule is much stiffer with MUS, Whitehaven, and Pulaski Academy (AR). Henry County has a very good Germantown on their schedule as their lone loss. I said that this game would be 35 -21 Henry County. I'm thinking more along the lines of 24 - 21 HC now. These are two very good teams that appear to be evenly matched. I'm giving HC the custumary 3 point advantage for homefield.

Thanks for that! Nice info. I'm glad you think it will be closer because from what I have seen Ridgeway has the talent to play with HC. Now if HC doesnt show up for some reason well...we won't go there. It will be a 4th quarter game mark my words. And if HC blows them out then I will say WOW!

Listen, in 2010 Coach Sutton beat us in the regular season. That season they had 2 high level SEC athletes that played in their backfield (Dawson started at CB at UGA as like a RS Frosh and Walton was in the 2 deep or started all 4 seasons at Ole Miss) along with a quality college talent at QB and a GREAT DEFENSE. They should have skated to the state that season. If I'm not mistaken he hasn't been past the quarterfinals but maybe once if that... he isn't ready for primetime and Henry Co is a primetime opponent. If HC is as good as ya'll Paris folks think, it will be a 3 TD spread. 

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

2 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Listen, in 2010 Coach Sutton beat us in the regular season. That season they had 2 high level SEC athletes that played in their backfield (Dawson started at CB at UGA as like a RS Frosh and Walton was in the 2 deep or started all 4 seasons at Ole Miss) along with a quality college talent at QB and a GREAT DEFENSE. They should have skated to the state that season. If I'm not mistaken he hasn't been past the quarterfinals but maybe once if that... he isn't ready for primetime and Henry Co is a primetime opponent. If HC is as good as ya'll Paris folks think, it will be a 3 TD spread. 

I would love to see a PRIME TIME game between your team and the team from Henry County.  THAT in Paris or in Memphis it would pack out a stadium and would be awesome!

1 hour ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

I must concede to what BHS has stated. I've always thought that Coach Sutton, for whatever reason, has been his own worst enemy ... and I can't figure out why. He's very good at talent evaluation. He's very good at QB development (Ridgeway always has a very solid QB). He always has developed top notched WRs. His OL and DL always have size and depth. RW will score the football. The offense is equal opportunity ... run or pass. He generally has a very good to capable RB. The offense is dynamic.

RW has always played very tough non-region opponents and not just one during the season. They routinely schedule the MUS and Whitehaven's of the world. They are well coached and they have lined up against some of the best ... every year.

But, when playoff time comes ... they fall short for some reason. They haven't been able to get past the quarters. I think one year they played Hillsboro in the semis, and lost soundly.

Go figure.

Edited by kwc

2 hours ago, kwc said:

I must concede to what BHS has stated. I've always thought that Coach Sutton, for whatever reason, has been his own worst enemy ... and I can't figure out why. He's very good at talent evaluation. He's very good at QB development (Ridgeway always has a very solid QB). He always has developed top notched WRs. His OL and DL always have size and depth. RW will score the football. The offense is equal opportunity ... run or pass. He generally has a very good to capable RB. The offense is dynamic.

RW has always played very tough non-region opponents and not just one during the season. They routinely schedule the MUS and Whitehaven's of the world. They are well coached and they have lined up against some of the best ... every year.

But, when playoff time comes ... they fall short for some reason. They haven't been able to get past the quarters. I think one year they played Hillsboro in the semis, and lost soundly.

Go figure.

That was 2014, and the week before Ridgeway won soundly against Henry County 48 - 23 in the quarters.

I expect a very solid game from both teams.

GO BIG RED!

This is a little more like it. Took til Thursday to get much discussion going!

In kwc's comparison, Ridgeway didn't have the scores come on them late in the game as did Henry County. For example, I was shocked last week that the DC v. Ridgeway game was even close at halftime. And Munford had NO offense against HC until the "trick play" that provided them a respectable 42-7 score at half. So it appears to me that Ridgeway doesn't get going until after the first half. I am hoping that the Big Red defense will come to play tomorrow night. And if so, we will come out victorious.

Go Big RED!!!

Edited by Drewcephus