Sequatchie Co. @ Red bank round 2

SCPRIDE30

12 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

This is for you Sequatchie fans and not starting any trouble, just having a debate with a friend in Chattanooga, who would win? Meigs or Ren Bank

Meigs is the best team we have played al year. I thought red bank would have more athletes than meigs but they didn’t really prove anything. #5 was good and the running back. Meigs would beat redbank by 3 touchdowns imo 

4 hours ago, SCPRIDE30 said:

Meigs is the best team we have played al year. I thought red bank would have more athletes than meigs but they didn’t really prove anything. #5 was good and the running back. Meigs would beat redbank by 3 touchdowns imo 

Thank you, just having a debate with a friend, I picked Sequatchie to win and he said no way. Sequatchie is a big and physical team. I new they would give Red Bank trouble. 

2 minutes ago, Throwdeslant said:

I’ll be shocked if AE brings 50 to Alcoa Friday night....

The bad part of that is the gate split.  50% for TSSAA and 25% for each team.  Upperman hosted Louden and they didn't even bring one fan per player - doubt that there were many more in the stands than were on the pass list.  York brought a huge crowd for the regular season game, but only about half of that for the Round 2 playoff game - possibly due to the weather.  Home stands have been packed for both games.  Hoping Red Bank travels better this week, but I've heard they don't.  Hope we can beat them and host Alcoa in the semis - no doubt they will bring a crowd to Baxter.

26 minutes ago, fball2010 said:

The bad part of that is the gate split.  50% for TSSAA and 25% for each team.  Upperman hosted Louden and they didn't even bring one fan per player - doubt that there were many more in the stands than were on the pass list.  York brought a huge crowd for the regular season game, but only about half of that for the Round 2 playoff game - possibly due to the weather.  Home stands have been packed for both games.  Hoping Red Bank travels better this week, but I've heard they don't.  Hope we can beat them and host Alcoa in the semis - no doubt they will bring a crowd to Baxter.

Hoping for the same. Alcoa will bring a good crowd. Good luck Friday night. How is the field at Upperman holding up with all this weather? Heard that Red Banks field is awful....

3 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

Hoping for the same. Alcoa will bring a good crowd. Good luck Friday night. How is the field at Upperman holding up with all this weather? Heard that Red Banks field is awful....

Well, we’d love to have turf instead If you have any spare change up your way. It was really wet and muddy the last two weeks. My kid looked like he’d been in a mud bath. Hoping the dryer weather forecast for later this week will help.  Didn’t see a lot of kids slipping and falling on pass routes or runs though. 

23 minutes ago, fball2010 said:

Well, we’d love to have turf instead If you have any spare change up your way. It was really wet and muddy the last two weeks. My kid looked like he’d been in a mud bath. Hoping the dryer weather forecast for later this week will help.  Didn’t see a lot of kids slipping and falling on pass routes or runs though. 

Yes, hopefully the dry weather will help out. Good luck Friday night. :thumb:

7 hours ago, fball2010 said:

Hamilton County refuses to allow public schools to have turf, but they also provide zero upkeep for fields and facilities, That couple with the TSSAA taking 50% of the gate of playoff games makes upkeep tough for Chattanooga area teams.

Hopefully Interest is increased in some of these teams that put out at good product, The kids deserve it.

14 hours ago, Sequatchie said:

I have to say I feel sorry for the Red Bank players & coaches.   They were a 10-0 team in the 2nd round of the Playoffs and couldn't get more than 100-150 fans to the game and it was well short of that at kickoff.

If those kids are supported by the parents that come and cheering for them, why do y'all care how many people were in the stands. lol wow!!! I was at that game and the crowd came in slow but they had a crowd for a stadium that big. I don't even think those kids cared as long as the people that anyways support them were there. Worry about that Principal  and that School Board member that covered up those two kids playing football all year illegally. I feel sorry for the school probably about to be punished for something the admin did. Worry about the topic that is big that y'all will to NOT bring up that's on the news daily now.