Blackman @ Mt. Juliet

Bump11

11 hours ago, pepvol said:

I think MJ would greatly benefit by reaching out to either a Murfreesboro team or a D2 team for a tough regular season game . I Love Maryville Playing Oakland and Alcoa early in the season and so what if we take an early loss if we win when it counts . MJ has definitely been the cream of the crop in their area the last few years , I just think playing a higher level schedule makes your team rise to a higher level also . Just a thought , nice to see ya back . 

Mt. Juliet has Blackman on the regular season schedule for 2019. And they reached out to many other schools about regular season games as well and were turned down. People can say what they want about Mt. Juliet and their schedule, but not many teams want to play them right now. 

48 minutes ago, Hsfootballnut said:

Does anyone think Mt Juliets size will give Blackman trouble? seem like a big team. 

I looked things over on the posted rosters and I see an inch or two on a player here and there, but pound for pound not alot of size difference.  This will be a defensive game for sure, but I believe that Blackma is finally 100% healthy on the offensive side of the ball and playing really stingy defense  holding lebanon to 90 yards total. Riverdale close to 100 ... Interesting to see how this plays out.

17 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Yes yall were the underdog, but embarrassed?? You live in some alter reality where you took a 20-13 score made it seem like an #### whooping, and have made it your motto in life, its more embarrassing how much you refer to it...honestly. then preceded to get shellacked round 2, and is nonexistent in round 2 this year, congrats to Riverdale. (slow awkward clap)

It embarrassed you enough to shut you up for awhile !  LOL

Yes we got beat, but like death and taxes I am still here.

Welcome back.

• Like 1

thanks for the belated warm welcome everyone! Pepvol, KWC, Firebird, FBfan.... looks like yall wont be getting coal for Christmas. On a serious note, I respect the Blackman football program, and just how difficult it will be for MJ tomorrow night. It will take an A+ effort from the players and coaching staff, mixed with a flat performance from Blackman, for MJ to prevail. Its not impossible but we need some luck on our side. I believe that this team is better than last years but until we prove ourselves against a top 5 foe, then ill have to be pessimistic. Go bears!

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Like 1

Having played Blackman 3 times in the past 15 months and MJ 2 times in that time period here is my take.

What MJ has to do to win- control the ball and the clock.  Cannot give up big plays to the Blackman home run hitters. (Napier, Otey, Knox, and Elder) Score 1 or more non offensive TD’s. The Bears have scored a number of defensive and special teams TD’s this year.  The Bears also will use trick plays to their advantage.  

What Blackman has to do to win- Keep up the big plays, a lot of TD’s this year with long runs or passes. Don’t give up cheap TD’s with turnovers.  Watch for the trick plays. Give the young QB time to throw.

Blackman wins 31-21

14 hours ago, mondo44 said:

Having played Blackman 3 times in the past 15 months and MJ 2 times in that time period here is my take.

What MJ has to do to win- control the ball and the clock.  Cannot give up big plays to the Blackman home run hitters. (Napier, Otey, Knox, and Elder) Score 1 or more non offensive TD’s. The Bears have scored a number of defensive and special teams TD’s this year.  The Bears also will use trick plays to their advantage.  

What Blackman has to do to win- Keep up the big plays, a lot of TD’s this year with long runs or passes. Don’t give up cheap TD’s with turnovers.  Watch for the trick plays. Give the young QB time to throw.

Blackman wins 31-21

Wet field will slow Blackman down . But to much Talented blaze 21-7.