Tellico Plains Football

OldCharger

Hate that he was fighting this health issue,but it shouldn't get him a free pass. Alot of the issues were created by him and coach Josh, mainly Josh. How does different rules for different kids make them soft. Maybe he should have played his best 11 the last couple of years and he wouldn't have been so dissapointed

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't second guess another coach but I do agree with your assessment about the best 11 players needing to be on the field.  Small division school teams typically can't platoon offense and defense in the same way larger programs can.  There are some small programs like Martin Westview that carry 50+ on the roster, but they are the exception to the rule.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2018 at 12:00 AM, LTCB said:

I wouldn't second guess another coach but I do agree with your assessment about the best 11 players needing to be on the field.  Small division school teams typically can't platoon offense and defense in the same way larger programs can.  There are some small programs like Martin Westview that carry 50+ on the roster, but they are the exception to the rule.  

I don’t know anything about Tellico but I don’t think Martin is a fair comparison. Tellico is 1A and Martin is a 3A school. Of course they will have a much larger roster.