Franklin Road Academy @ Notre Dame

Booger

Booger....if you're thinking #73 might be a tad over-rated, I can assure you he and his trencher buddies are more than capable of making things at least difficult for your very capable maulers. He flat out destroyed us! End of story. He's a man-child with a motor. I'm not so keen on the UGA colored gloves....thinkin' that's a little self-centered for such a team game, but he's good enough to get the scholarship offer, so who am I to judge? He's not all by himself in the trenches either. They block their assignments very well. I'd like to see #55 v #73 go at it all night. Thinking #55 isn't gonna be mashing "Big"-Tymon's facemask into the turf like y'all did to ours.

If any of them are over-rated, it is the green-glove wearin' Oregon commit out wide, and that's only because he looked a little dinged up. I'd love to be there to see that #6 v #3 matchup outside. Thinking I'm leaning #3's way on that one though. I hope #6 gets to 100% to make it a serious battle!

Y'all are the #1 seed, so you "should" win this game. However, based on what we saw from both teams......this will be a GREAT GAME! I guess that I'll have to root for the East region team, though those guys from FRA were completely class acts, from the pre-game golf-cart rides to the stadium....to the very kind comments directed toward my son after his last battle. For sure, I'm rooting for the winner from here forward!

Good luck to you guys Friday night!

I'm pulling for the East team, but I've got a feeling this one will go the way of FRA. Their O and D line was very impressive. Their QB can spin it well and their running game was very good. Looked like a solid squad to me. I don't think ND can line up and wildcat / single wing 'em to victory. Going to need something else to go along with it.

2 hours ago, MTGVOL said:

I would be shocked if FRA won. My son is a 3 yr starter for BGA and FRA hasn’t scored a TD on them in 3 years. FRA has decent size but zero depth the QB isnt great. They are scrappy but ND shouldn’t have a problem. The Webb vs BGA game will be alot closer than ND FRA.

Then BGA should defeat Webb handily, which I expect. We’ve seen both teams live and in person. That’s worth something. Pride went a little more aggressive than I will, but he knows more about the game than I do. I do believe ND will have more of a game on their hands than they’d like in round 2. FRA will certainly give them more fits than we did or would have again. You guys will have one heckuva matchup in the semifinals. Good luck to your son. Sounds like it’s his last rodeo too. 

38 minutes ago, MTGVOL said:

I doubt BGA will win handily. Webb has had our number recently. I think we are better than them this year, but I expect a real tough game. The best thing this year is BGA is fully healthy.

You're probably right. They always play tough, but "healthy" thing might come into play bigtime. You guys have a great shot at Cookeville. After that, well........maybe CPA can shock the world and give you another shot.  

12 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Tymon has surprisingly good footwork for a big man. Probably reflective of his time in wrestling.

The game I saw them play the  Oregon commit was pedestrian. Smallish back (#5?) ran really hard though.

They were  definitely the  3rd best team in that region. CPA and BGA were just better.

Wrestling always helps linemen.  Not only footwork but hand fighting.  Glad you brought it up

• Like 1

well it appears byall yalls prognasticators diagnostics of this matchup the Irish r in trouble and r gonna b overmatched in the trenches......sure hopin all yall r rong and get sum toe jam and foot rot round the outer edges of your pie eaters.....

been lil tied up past few days girls....and not by Boioger Mama...Booger will b gettin back in a few bout them local self proclaimed poddin casters as soon as Booger can get free from doin the things Booger do.....havent been able to get an ear on patricia and spartys stuff yet....

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

8 minutes ago, Booger said:

well it appears byall yalls prognasticators diagnostics of this matchup the Irish r in trouble and r gonna b overmatched in the trenches......sure hopin all yall r rong and get sum toe jam and foot rot round the outer edges of your pie eaters.....

been lil tied up past few days girls....and not by Boioger Mama...Booger will b gettin back in a few bout them local self proclaimed poddin casters as soon as Booger can get free from doin the things Booger do.....havent been able to get an ear on patricia and spartys stuff yet....

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Just glad you're back my friend! I do think y'all are going to have it a little tougher than you've had it since week 1 in the trenches. Lock #6 down with Cam and stop their cutbacks, which you'll do much better than we could. That RB is a lot quicker than he looks at first glance. It should be a great game, if both teams play mistake-free football. You're our best shot to get the gold ball in our region. Wish you and the Irish the best tonight. 

Speakin' of doing what we do......gotta go! I too am outta state....again. :(