Montgomery Central vs. Jackson Northside

Iceman76

Northside has a good QB that can be very dangerous in space. Also, Northside has played probably one of the tougher schedules a team could play. I hadn’t seen MC, but I know they like to be the tempo killer. The only similar opponent for each is Hardin County with Northside handling them pretty well.... this was when Northside hadn’t found their identity yet. My pick will be with Northside in this game, but you never know. MC fans better hope it doesn’t rain bc their field gets really sloppy when it rains. 

Montgomery Central is pretty good at playing keep away.  It is not uncommon for them to eat up a whole qtr of time possession.  3rd and 4-5 means nothing to them.  The FB is a beast and one of their slots can break the homerun.  The QB does not make mistakes and will not pitch the ball if it is not a good situation.  I think they have won their games this year due to defense.  They fly around and blitz from everywhere.  I have always loved run blitzes and MC does it as well as anyone around.  If Northside does not play disciplined, MC will make them look silly.

Edited by ocac

This is gonna be a good game to watch. However, I have MC pulling out the win. North sides offense is going to rely on their passing abilities to get points on the board but MC defense is too quick for their qb. It will be interesting to see if North side can stop MC offense, if MC offense start out strong they will not stop their triple option. I hope to see MC pull out the W and a rematch between MC and Springfield

Edited by Tenn2000ap

A rematch of the MC/Springfield game would be epic. That is in the running for the game of the year. Northside is tough with size and speed but one thing Central will do is play physical. They have two linebackers that are as good as anyone in the state and a DE that is almost unblockable. Also think they are averaging like 30 pts a game. This is a fun team to watch play and they will bring all of Cunningham with them to Jackson. You can count on that. Hope the Cinderella story keeps going.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

A rematch of the MC/Springfield game would be epic. That is in the running for the game of the year. Northside is tough with size and speed but one thing Central will do is play physical. They have two linebackers that are as good as anyone in the state and a DE that is almost unblockable. Also think they are averaging like 30 pts a game. This is a fun team to watch play and they will bring all of Cunningham with them to Jackson. You can count on that. Hope the Cinderella story keeps going.

I would love to see the rematch, but just concerned with round 2 this week! I’m pulling hard for Central tho. I feel like MC can control the clock and pound out a win in this one. 

52 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

You got that right. All of Cunningham, this is a programs first and i do not think Central will stop at round two. They will play hard and if they come up short it will be really short