Tennessee High at David Crockett Round 2

stockton4182

well, Crockett already has the Chandley High School up for a rename so I am sure that will be confirmed post season (sarcasm).  I did not think the game would be this dominate.  

As for next wekk, Crockett has the athletes to play with Central but it all comes down to which team is more disciplined.  Either way, 12-0 as a first year coach.... that’s just a great great Hire and some outstanding kids getting the job done.  Couldn’t be happier for Crockett.  Hmm I wonder if those Science Hill kids will figure out that 6A is a dead end and travel 10 minutes down the road next year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DC goes from barely winning in overtime in the regular season game to a 32-0 win in the playoff game. That's called coaching right there. Glad to see somebody this side of Greeneville has figured it out.

Coach Chandley was in his back pocket all night, on offense and Defense. He maybe young but dang he can Coach.

8 hours ago, formerblazer said:

well, Crockett already has the Chandley High School up for a rename so I am sure that will be confirmed post season (sarcasm).  I did not think the game would be this dominate.  

As for next wekk, Crockett has the athletes to play with Central but it all comes down to which team is more disciplined.  Either way, 12-0 as a first year coach.... that’s just a great great Hire and some outstanding kids getting the job done.  Couldn’t be happier for Crockett.  Hmm I wonder if those Science Hill kids will figure out that 6A is a dead end and travel 10 minutes down the road next year.

6A is a dead end?!?!    Come on man, all you have to do is beat Maryvi......    Oh shoot, yeah I see what you mean

32 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

6A is a dead end?!?!    Come on man, all you have to do is beat Maryvi......    Oh shoot, yeah I see what you mean

6A schools up here in two years (DB, SH, and West Ridge) will all get to be part of the glorious repeated process of playing 10 games, making it into the post season, and getting beat by Maryville eventually.  This process will continue for another 20 years.  6A is a dead end.  Nothing indicates any difference.

Honestly surprised that more city kids don't see the writing on the wall and try to get into Elizabethton, Greeneville, or the two Wa Co schools.

9 hours ago, formerblazer said:

Well it's not very often you see a head coach get thrown out of a game but Carter pulled it off last night. I don't care if you had some bad calls or what, It's a playoff game and you have to know your limits. Six personal foul calls in a row on your head coach is pretty embarrassing for a team. If you remember we've been told for several years that Science Hill is the hot bed of east Tennessee for athletes. When they brought Carter in he was going to have them in the state championship game right off the bat. That has not even come close to happening and its not going to happen. So yeah, I think with what Chandley has done in such a short time will have a lot of SH players (and parents) looking for a better opportunity. 

2 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

6A schools up here in two years (DB, SH, and West Ridge) will all get to be part of the glorious repeated process of playing 10 games, making it into the post season, and getting beat by Maryville eventually.  This process will continue for another 20 years.  6A is a dead end.  Nothing indicates any difference.

Honestly surprised that more city kids don't see the writing on the wall and try to get into Elizabethton, Greeneville, or the two Wa Co schools.

The DB and SH brass are to stupid to hire a real coach. It will be interesting to see what happens with West Ridge. I'd bet a million dollars they'll hire one of the local homers.  The athletes at Maryville are no better than we have up here. They're just very well coached.

3 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well it's not very often you see a head coach get thrown out of a game but Carter pulled it off last night. I don't care if you had some bad calls or what, It's a playoff game and you have to know your limits. Six personal foul calls in a row on your head coach is pretty embarrassing for a team. If you remember we've been told for several years that Science Hill is the hot bed of east Tennessee for athletes. When they brought Carter in he was going to have them in the state championship game right off the bat. That has not even come close to happening and its not going to happen. So yeah, I think with what Chandley has done in such a short time will have a lot of SH players (and parents) looking for a better opportunity. 

Dang, I didn't know that until you mentioned it.  I've been to a couple of games where I have seen Carter argue and argue and argue for 5-10 minutes and never get flagged or tossed.  I get he wants to fight for his team which is fine, but apparently he's just lost his mind if that is going on.  

Science Hill isn't a hot bed.  DB isn't a hot bed.  In football, basketball, and baseball those 6A - AAA schools aren't even chipping away on the state level anymore.  It'll be interesting to see if Boone or Crockett get some transfers next year.  Forget 6A.

2 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The DB and SH brass are to stupid to hire a real coach. It will be interesting to see what happens with West Ridge. I'd bet a million dollars they'll hire one of the local homers.  The athletes at Maryville are no better than we have up here. They're just very well coached.

As of right now, the head job at West Ridge will be the South head coach moving up.  They aren't going to go out and hire a "real coach" because they want a teacher/coach.  West Ridge has its own problems in the fact that they don't even have enough money to complete the school, so don't be surprised if you hear about games being played at Central or South until they find a way to build a turf stadium for the new school and send some grass seed over to East and forget they exist in the county.  It's a cluster.

2 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Dang, I didn't know that until you mentioned it.  I've been to a couple of games where I have seen Carter argue and argue and argue for 5-10 minutes and never get flagged or tossed.  I get he wants to fight for his team which is fine, but apparently he's just lost his mind if that is going on.  

Science Hill isn't a hot bed.  DB isn't a hot bed.  In football, basketball, and baseball those 6A - AAA schools aren't even chipping away on the state level anymore.  It'll be interesting to see if Boone or Crockett get some transfers next year.  Forget 6A.

Well what makes a 'Hot bed" is you're coaching. From top to bottom, little league to high school varsity. Ask anybody in Maryville and they'll tell you how they do it. Greeneville started doing it the same way and look at them now. Whats so hard to figure out here. Now if you want to say a "Hot bed" is athletes and not coaches then you'd have to say the Memphis area is where it's at. But how come those Memphis team can't beat Maryville and Greeneville?

12 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well what makes a 'Hot bed" is you're coaching. From top to bottom, little league to high school varsity. Ask anybody in Maryville and they'll tell you how they do it. Greeneville started doing it the same way and look at them now. Whats so hard to figure out here. Now if you want to say a "Hot bed" is athletes and not coaches then you'd have to say the Memphis area is where it's at. But how come those Memphis team can't beat Maryville and Greeneville?

Consistently the Greeneville and Maryville teams that show up are so outstandingly good that the hot beds don't matter.  I agree with you that the majority of your kids go through a little league to high school program and know what is what, that's fine.  But I guarantee that if we had the eyes to see everything that when kids go from 8th grade to 9th grade, we would find that you have more kid who are outstanding athletes transferring into schools.  I've already had conversations with people about how the best football athletes in Greene County consistently transfer into Greeneville their 9th grade year, and I can't blame them.  Alcoa and Maryville, I'm sure, have had enough transfers from killer Knoxville kids as they go into high school that yeah, there is a reason that you have good teams.  The only reason, no, but it is definitely something that helps.  How many Happy Valley and Hampton kids go to Elizabethton?  It helps, and good coaching helps.

I think it would take 10 years for a DB or SH to do something like that.  If they haven't (I'm sure they haven't) then yeah, no chance, but you can also say that DB and SH do not get those county transfers like they used to get.  It makes a difference.

18 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Just to add one more thing about coaching, I don't know what it looks like on the sidelines and in the press box of a DB or a SH game, but I can tell you what it looks like on a Greeneville sideline.  You have 8 coaches on headsets on top of the press box, you have 8 coaches with headsets on the sideline.  16 coaches helps out.  They have hudl sideline (film immediately goes from the press box to the sideline) and an end zone system that also gives their coaching staff an end zone view.  That's crazy to me, I can't remember having more than 6-8 coaches on staff in total when I was playing ball.