Covington vs. McNairy Central 2nd Round

Covington wins in a close one. 2nd time to watch covington play this year. Definitely did not look like the same team I saw at mid season. I think that the field condition certainly had something to do with it. Field seemed super wet and it was hard for kids on either team to keep their footing. 

Edited by JoeBlow777

10 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Somebody forgot to tell McNairy that they were supposed to lose. Congrats to them on a great game. My Chargers were overjoyed to run out the clock and win by 5. Games like this cause heart attacks.

That they do. I'm just tired of you guys breaking our hearts. LOL. Tonight, Baseball last season, basketball over the years. We can't get over the hump against you guys when we run into you. 

I just want to know, do you think yall was going to run a play or punt the ball if they didn't draw us offsides on the 4th and short?

2 minutes ago, LetMeHearYA said:

That they do. I'm just tired of you guys breaking our hearts. LOL. Tonight, Baseball last season, basketball over the years. We can't get over the hump against you guys when we run into you. 

I just want to know, do you think yall was going to run a play or punt the ball if they didn't draw us offsides on the 4th and short?

Run a play 100%

Just now, LetMeHearYA said:

After watching Coach Wheeler call plays for a long time, I'm 75% sure that we were going to run the ball. I think he would have gambled because he's that kind of guy,

5 minutes ago, Jmm475 said:

Mcnairy definitely came to win tonight! Congratulations on a great season!

They did. They have been saying for a few weeks now, they wanted another shot at Covington. They didn't like the way they played the 1st game and believed they could play with them. Hopefully they have turned the program around and we can get back to being competitive and winning consistently again. It's been a rough past 10 years. We are bringing back a lot of pieces next year. We have to replace  some WRs, DBs, and a couple LBers but we return almost all of our lineman on both sides along with our QB and RB. They got a lot to build on for next year.

Covington runs the Wing-T with such precision. It's fun to watch unless you are on the other side. Lol. Plus, you have the threat of throwing out of it too. Good luck the rest of the way. Really like their chances of getting back to the finals. 

WOW regions 7 3a!!!!!  that is about all I can say. ( SEC west of TN high school football ) 

The 4 teams in this division are so close!

Looks like it was another great game. Playoff football separates the good from the great. I think the chargers will yet again represent W.TN football in the championship game. That should be a state championship but I will not open that can of worms. 

Congrats to the bobcats for a great season!

Really looking forward to the Match-up between the Chargers and the Dawgs of Milan next Friday.  

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

WOW regions 7 3a!!!!!  that is about all I can say. ( SEC west (minus Alabama, LSU and Auburn) of TN high school football  

Looks like it was another great game. Playoff football separates the good from the great. I think the chargers will yet again represent W.TN football in the championship game. That should be a state championship but I will not open that can of worms. 

2yzaicn.jpg

Edited by Throwdeslant