Covington vs. McNairy Central 2nd Round

I will say that my Chargers were punched in the mouth by McNairy and then answered the bell and did what we had to do to advance. Down 10-0 in the first quarter' our guys never quit playing their game. In the playoffs it's not about winning margin or style points. It's about win and advance or lose and go home.

There are some teams across the state this morning who thought they were destined for Cookeville but who will instead watch from the sidelines the rest of the way.  I'm not sure how Covington will play going forward, but they showed me a lot of heart last night. I hope that attitude will carry forward to next week's game vs Milan. That could be a doozy.

3 hours ago, concernedbobcat said:

The way Covington played and M cNairy played was really good. But no one will beat Alcoa. Is Alcoa good. Yes they are dang good.

Yes both teams played a great game last night.  Alcoa is a great team and they have a great program. You can also put Mcnairy & Covington's team together and still not have more or equal to the amount of players Alcoa have. Just stated that because I feel like any team that come out the west will not only but up against a great team but depth will also be a huge factor. 

Edited by fanoffootball2013

1 hour ago, wolfchase said:

Has Tommy Browder returned to coach MHS or have the kids that were going to Adamsville chosen to attend MHS now instead? seeing that Adamsville has drastically fallen off & back to their typical squads

No, Browder is not back. But, I believe there are multiple factors that play in to this.

Franks has brought in some good assistant coaches. Some people may disagree, but I've never believed in the excuse of lack of talent. Coaching and too many hands wanting to run the program has been the biggest issues the last 10 years. 

McNairy is not losing really many kids to Aville especially the top players anymore. A lot of kids like Franks plus McNairy other sports are better than Aville which is keeping a lot of players there.

Another factor has been that Aville has had a run of good talent come through just their junior high. You add them, players choosing Aville over McNairy, and kids coming in from out of county and they were able to produce good teams. But, it seems like we are hitting a period of decreasing talent potential county wide and Aville is being hit hardest by it. Their Jr High teams have not been good the past few years and I think you are fixing to see that with their teams at the high school level the next few years. Not saying they are going to be really bad, but the coaches will have their work cut out for them in developing players and I dont see them being anywhere near as good as they have been.