Smith County HC vacancy

kingofthenorth

31 minutes ago, birddogg said:

Same thing was said about Rankin. That's a crock. SC would of never been worse than 8-2 had Maynord stayed. He didn't leave because of a drop in talent. 

Rankin went to greener pastures. That's funny you actually believe that. Let's play this game who would have Coach Maynord beat this year that they didn't beat?

On 11/25/2018 at 12:25 AM, kingofthenorth said:

No way SC gets back to what it used to be anytime soon. If you believe that you are completely delusional, and IF it somehow does I will DM you my address so you can serve me my crow.

I think you misunderstood my reply or meant to quote someone else

Edited by thatdevilforrest

12 hours ago, birddogg said:

So your trying to tell me that SC has a drop in talent. Jimmy Maynord was at SC for 14 years. His "drop in talent" was a 7-3 season. The only drop SC has had is coaching talent. A solid coach will never have a losing season at any school. Period   SC isn't dedicated to winning right now. Maybe one day it will return. 

you are delusional as the old saying goes you can't make chicken salad out of chicken $#!t

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jls said:

Rankin was not forced out.His wife didn't like small town life.She wanted nicer things and places to eat.Big City Life.I know more than you ever will.

From what I know and remember they asked Rankin to do things he did not want to do. So he gave up the Head Coaching job. We can sit back bicker and fuss about it all day long but the bottom line is that SC had the best coach and let him get away.