Smith County HC vacancy

kingofthenorth

1 hour ago, owlfan2018 said:

I partially agree with the first point. I would say that when you have only 13 or 14 kids playing and many of them playing every single snap you can be the best conditioned player and still be extremely fatigued by the fourth quarter. That was definitely an issue this season.

I've been one of those guys that played every snap. If a player is trully in the best condition, then bring on OT, he is good to go as long as you need him. You dont get tired until the game is over and you have time to think about it. 

7 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

I've been one of those guys that played every snap. If a player is trully in the best condition, then bring on OT, he is good to go as long as you need him. You dont get tired until the game is over and you have time to think about it. 

I get that but it's certainly not optimal. The players played hard but a few capable subs can make a difference. Smith County didn't have that this season.

6 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

Its hard to be in good condition when the kids haven't been in a weight room since June. 

10 hours ago, thatdevilforrest said:

I am not a Smith County guy at all and have no dog in the fight, but I have always heard that it is one of the worst places for politics controlling the football of just about anywhere around.

A lot of Mammas and Daddies  that have a little boy riding the pine say politics are the reason.  You hear that at TC-G-ville -WT-MC, everywhere. Rankin nor Maynord cared less what your name was, where you lived, or what mama or daddy does.  If you could play, you played. I tend to believe most all coaches play the players and  in the positions that THEY believe give them the beast chance to win. Now, what they believe and why they believe what they do is a different story,   

14 minutes ago, owlfan2018 said:

Yes he was. Great guy too. Regardless of what people think of the record he was an outstanding role model for high school kids. People overlook that when talking about coaches too often.

I AGREE 100%.  Almost too good of a guy if there is such a thing..

The new coach would be well served if he could convince Coach D to at least help. 

• Like 1