Smith County HC vacancy

kingofthenorth

2 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

Interesting, never would've thought that.  Seems like those two would have been good resources through the years.

Nope,,,,,,,,there has been some big money from unnamed supporters ( indoor facility and the likes), and maybe some now....

Boosters mostly comprised of Alum and Parents. Don't know about now, but Coaches used to NEVER attend Booster meetings to keep everything above board and no influence one way or another.....   

Edited by Reynard

21 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Nope,,,,,,,,there has been some big money from unnamed supporters ( indoor facility and the likes), and maybe some now....

Boosters mostly comprised of Alum and Parents. Don't know about now, but Coaches used to NEVER attend Booster meetings to keep everything above board and no influence one way or another.....   

Maybe the McCalls and Gores slipped in as the unnamed supporters.  Didn't want to ruffle any non-Owl feathers in business or politics by showing favoritism.  Anyways, on the coaching front, I'll throw a name out there with a disclaimer because I don't know if there would be any interest by either party.  I just wonder if after a year off, Herron would still have the itch?

1 hour ago, VictoryFormation said:

Maybe the McCalls and Gores slipped in as the unnamed supporters.  Didn't want to ruffle any non-Owl feathers in business or politics by showing favoritism.  Anyways, on the coaching front, I'll throw a name out there with a disclaimer because I don't know if there would be any interest by either party.  I just wonder if after a year off, Herron would still have the itch?

Nope...Not Gore or McCall's........ In G-ville and SC business's have to be careful......if you  give to 1 and the shows up with their hand stuck out......And if a coach knows whos working-donating -etc......it could be said that influences playing time, or no playing time.   A wise coach keeps away from booster meetings.  I'm just hoping for a good fit....don't care where he's from.......

6 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

Herron would be a good be an upgrade to last ach in my opinion. 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:18 PM, UpperCumberlandMan said:

How about Tyler York. He is 30 I guess by now, coached on the 2013 Upperman team and on a few years, most recently was D coordinator on the Macon Seth Carlisle teams up in Macon. Don't know where he is at now, but seems like a good young coach from the area.  

Tyler York has coached at Macon County from 2014-2017 as a D-Line coach. He is still teaching in Macon County, but no longer coaching football there. Matt Dyer has been the Defensive Coordinator for Macon County from 2012-2017 before moving to Trousdale County to coach this year. 

29 minutes ago, Owls4life said:

Did Keith Goolsby apply? I would like to see him get a shot at it.

Nope.....Not me.........he left SC because Maynord named Gentry the OC..went to H2O or a little bit, Then went to MC as HC for 1 year, back to H2O.  Went G-ville fro 2/3 years. ...Marshall left, he didn't get the OC job......left and went to Cookville.  Way too much movement for me........