Westview is in search of new Head Coach

riverrat

11 minutes ago, riverrat said:

Previous coach resigned.  Who is going to take over this program?

Don Coady return?

Kevin Ward?

Wade Comer?

Matt Mcconnell?

Someone else?

I don't really see anyone on staff that should get it.

What say ye COACHTers?

No way Don Coady returns, I'm sure the Westview faithful would love that after the downfall of the program the last few years, but no way he makes that move. Kevin Ward would be a familiar option that I'm sure they'd love as well, but going to be hard to move him from Crockett Co. One thing is for sure, with Simpson at QB, its going to be a job people start lining up for.

This is interesting with the freshman phenom they have. I'm sure his father (UTM coach) will have a say in who is hired and it'll more than likely be a pass oriented guy. Regardless, I went to one of their games this year and they have tremendous size. It was puzzling to me how they were no better than they were. I'm sure that will change very soon and that will mean trouble for other 7-3A programs. 

16 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

This is interesting with the freshman phenom they have. I'm sure his father (UTM coach) will have a say in who is hired and it'll more than likely be a pass oriented guy. Regardless, I went to one of their games this year and they have tremendous size. It was puzzling to me how they were no better than they were. I'm sure that will change very soon and that will mean trouble for other 7-3A programs. 

Not sure a 1-8 coach should be selecting the Head Coach for a High School, meaning not sure how long term he might be.  Westview has some potential though.

It was obvious that a change was needed.  As mentioned earlier, there is too much talent, support, and tradition at Westview to be that bad.     Having a player with as much publicity and potential as Simpson has will attract attention from across several states.    I hope Weakley Co will allow Westview to hire the best candidate and not just plug in a coach from another local school.

3 minutes ago, riverrat said:

Not sure a 1-8 coach should be selecting the Head Coach for a High School, meaning not sure how long term he might be.  Westview has some potential though.

Good point. I was unaware of how UTM was doing this year. Are there any good smaller school coaches around who may want to step up? Greenfield...Union City...Peabody...Dresdon?

I heard the OC from Crockett was interested. Also heard ward but that might be smoke and fire. If westview hires gleason's coach they deserve what they get in more 2-8 records. Nobody on the staff at westview should get the job. It would be nice if we could get Lifsey out of the VP spot and into the job. Fantastic ball coach 

I don't know anything about Westview's situation. I do recall that their QB is a freshman and looked pretty good. If his dad Is the UTM coach and has a poor W-L record, he could be moving soon. If I were a prospective Westview coach, I would have to wonder (as another poster inferred) whether the kid would be there for 3 more years. That does not sound like a situation that would determine a career move.

And, Region 7-3A has already been classed as the toughest 3A region in the state this year. With established proven programs at Covington and Milan, and with South Gibson and McNairy seemingly improving, a coach would have to have a lot of confidence in himself to take on this job.

I wondered about their play calling during our game at Westview. They had some success throwing the ball, then suddenly abandoned the passing game. I suspect that the administration would see the need to upgrade the coaching. I'll be interested to see who they hire and how Westview progresses.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

5 hours ago, 00Chargers said:

Good point. I was unaware of how UTM was doing this year. Are there any good smaller school coaches around who may want to step up? Greenfield...Union City...Peabody...Dresdon?

If the greenfield coach is interested he would be an excellent hire. Nobody can argue the results he is producing at that little bitty school. And he is young with the potential to be there for a long period of time. And he is already in the district.