Westview is in search of new Head Coach

riverrat

18 hours ago, Jchannel1738 said:

I heard the OC from Crockett was interested. Also heard ward but that might be smoke and fire. If westview hires gleason's coach they deserve what they get in more 2-8 records. Nobody on the staff at westview should get the job. It would be nice if we could get Lifsey out of the VP spot and into the job. Fantastic ball coach 

Lifsey is a great ball coach, but no way he wants the stress of coaching again, especially at the high school level. I'm sure he'll have a big hand in picking the new head man for this job though.

I heard Kevin Ward was offered the job but Westview can’t match that big money that Crockett is paying.

I’ve also heard that Matt McConnell from Waverly is in the running for the job - just give him until after Waverly is bounced out of the playoffs to decide.

Edited by GCPioneer

21 hours ago, 3rddownpunt said:

Utm has barely missed the playoffs several years....maybe not this season but Simpson ain't going anywhere...imo Josh Puckett from Lake County would be good hire. Grew up in Greenfield not far down the road and has shown what he can do in Lake County.I think Matt McConnell would be great hire as well.

Simpson has done a great job at UTM.  That job was once a major nightmare in the late 90's-early 00's.  If UTM let him go they would be insane.  

26 minutes ago, ocac said:

If you want a QB friendly coach, then McConell is probably the guy.  He has done a great job of developing Waverly's QB.  4 year starter and reigning 2A Mr. Football.   

McConnell would be a great choice.

I've seen the QB from Westview play, and he is a legit runner and passer.

But, not sure if the play makers are there like Waverly has had the past few seasons.

Plus that region is no joke.  Riverside is Waverly's only real competition in their current region.