Westview is in search of new Head Coach

riverrat

8 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

There was in fact an interview yesterday for this position. Can’t confirm the identity of the candidate but there was definitely an interview. I have been told that the administration is disappointed in the lack of applicants for this job. I think they were expecting much more interest. 

I wonder what they expected?  Probably the toughest district in the classification and lowest enrollment in their district.  How many coaches will the new coach be able to bring in?  That may also be a factor.

The QB is a talent though!

Edited by riverrat

10 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

There was in fact an interview yesterday for this position. Can’t confirm the identity of the candidate but there was definitely an interview. I have been told that the administration is disappointed in the lack of applicants for this job. I think they were expecting much more interest. 

Maybe they are waiting to see if Coach Simpson is retained at UTM?? If he is let go then bye bye QB.

16 hours ago, District12AA said:

Maybe they are waiting to see if Coach Simpson is retained at UTM?? If he is let go then bye bye QB.

I know UTM didn't have the greatest season this year, but is there speculation that he might be let go? I feel like he's done a pretty good job in his time there, has been a little while since they one the OVC though, but this would definitely be a game changer if the young QB goes else where.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Hankins took it, then turned it down. My guess is they couldn't match the pay. 

I heard this today as well. Doubt it was pay though. When you accept a job it is a given that you would know the pay before you accept. Doesn’t make any sense to me. I accepted and called the very next day and backed out. Weird stuff. The search goes on. 

3 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I heard this today as well. Doubt it was pay though. When you accept a job it is a given that you would know the pay before you accept. Doesn’t make any sense to me. I accepted and called the very next day and backed out. Weird stuff. The search goes on. 

I understand that, it might have been a factor after a few days of reflection. Who knows? I know that Weakley County's teacher pay is not very good, and the coaching stipend would have to be pretty high to offset.