District 11AA

11AAFan

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight is the championship between Fairview and Hickman County.  It should be a good game and I think Fairview will come out on top.  They are playing at home and they are ready to continue the winning tradition from the last couple of years.  I don't think it will be real high scoring game, maybe high 40's or 50's, with Fairview winning by about 7-10 points.  Hickman will play tough and will of course bring a really good crowd with them.  Good luck to both teams...GO JACKETS!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ecu said:

What happened to Creekwood?

There are 4 very evenly matched teams in District 11-AA.  I've told people that all season long.  Fairview won the District Championship for the 3rd Consecutive Year.  They've lost players to injury and illness throughout major portions of the season.  Coach McCoy, Coach Joe, and the young men on this basketball team stayed the course all year long and really came off the mat this weekend when everyone had counted them down and out.  

They've continued to battle and the last two days they showed why Hall of Fame wrestler Ric Flair was right when he said "to be THE MAN, brother you've got to beat THE MAN."  

If that isn't good enough for you then I'll phrase what NBA legend Shaquille O'Neal once famously said,  "the champs are the champs til they ain't the champs no more"  3-PEAT!  

District 11-AA Final Results Heading Into the Region 6-AA Tournament

1.)  Fairview Yellow Jackets (18-11)

2.)  Hickman County Bulldogs (21-8)

3.)  Creek Wood Red Hawks (20-6)

4.)  Stewart County Rebels (16-13)

9 hours ago, Observation said:

My grandson and I came down to watch Saturday night. What a great atmosphere and 2 really great basketball games in championship and consolation. Should make for a great region tourney next week. Can't wait to see these teams match against 12AA should be a lot of fun. 

How many win from 11-A?

Edited by ecu
should be 11-AA