District 11AA

11AAFan

I got out and came to see Mr. Basketball last night... I know he got 18 or 20 points at least. 

Has Central been playing that way on defense all season? What is it that they "hang their hat on" so to speak?

Is it defense? Because based on the Fairview score and last night I would say they aint bad at it. 

Thought it was going to be a route for Marshall County in the 2nd half..boy was I wrong. I was sitting near Hickman County boys coach and apparently he knows Central's coach cause he was calling out the adjustments that Central was making and was pretty accurate on the offensive side of things.  

1 hour ago, ecu said:

And they looked terrible against Community last week! Give them credit for picking themselves up.

I believe all the teams have looked terrible at one point.  Not sure if that is because most of the teams are fairly evenly matched or just lack of motivation night in and night out.  You all forget or maybe weren't paying attention, but Central had Nolensville and Marshall beat the first two games of district play and just let it slip away at end.  They are not a bad team, and it should not be surprising that they are having some success. 

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:18 AM, MSU43 said:

I believe all the teams have looked terrible at one point.  Not sure if that is because most of the teams are fairly evenly matched or just lack of motivation night in and night out.  You all forget or maybe weren't paying attention, but Central had Nolensville and Marshall beat the first two games of district play and just let it slip away at end.  They are not a bad team, and it should not be surprising that they are having some success. 

How many seniors do they have?

Central has 4 seniors.  3 of which started most of the year, along with 1 Junior and 1 sophomore starter most of the time.

Central got taken to the woodshed tonight in second half...wow!  Central was ahead by 4 with about 2 minutes left in 1st half and Nolensville goes on 8-0 run to finish half up 23-19.  They continue the shutout in 2nd half until it is about 40-19.  Obviously, it was over by then.  Nolensville played great defense and Central could not hit an open shot when they had the opportunity.  Hats off to Nolensville.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The first half of the District Schedule will come to an end next week.  The race is tight.

District 11-AA BOYS Standings

Fairview (5-0):  plays Creek Wood and Stewart County next week

Creek Wood (5-0):  plays Fairview and East Hickman next week

Stewart County (4-1):  plays Hickman County and Fairview next week

Hickman County (3-2):  plays Stewart County and Lewis County next week

Camden (1-4):  plays Lewis County and Waverly next week

Waverly (1-4):  plays East Hickman and Camden next week

Lewis County (1-4):  plays Camden and Hickman County next week

East Hickman (0-5):  plays Waverly and Creek Wood next week

I'll post the mid-way point standings next weekend.  Good luck to everyone.  

• Upvote 1

At the end of the first half of the 2019-2020 season's district schedule here is where everyone stands:

1.)  Creek Wood (7-0):  beat teams 2, 3, and 4 all on the road in their first meetings

2.)  Fairview (5-2):  won at Hickman; lost at home to Stewart

2.)  Hickman County (5-2):  won at Stewart; lost at home to Fairview

2.)  Stewart County (5-2):  won at Fairview; lost at home to Hickman

5.)  Waverly (3-4)

6.)  Lewis County (2-5)

7.)  Camden (1-6)

8.)  East Hickman (0-7)

So far weather hasn't been a factor this season and the games have all been played as scheduled.