Waverly and Riverside Round 3

vandyfan1

I think the question is can RS stop #11 and #37? If so will that open up for #45? I think so. Can Waverly stop Frost and that Hall kid? I think they will the defense looked the best I have seen it in two yrs last night. Riverside likes to run it to the outside with a run/pass option. 

Edited by vandyfan1

5 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think the question is can RS stop #11 and #37? If so will that open up for #45? I think so. Can Waverly stop Frost and that Hall kid? I think they will the defense looked the best I have seen it in two yrs last night. Riverside likes to run it to the outside with a run/pass option. 

I think mentally Wavo is in a great place,I believe the 20/16 very uncharacteristic score for Wavo is a huge plus !! Waverly proved they can be a great D !!! I dont mean to offend but it has to let the O play loose knowing they dont have to score 60 to win !!!! I have a gut feeling on the outcome but dont feel educated enough on this game to feel my opinion  is relevant !!!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I think mentally Wavo is in a great place,I believe the 20/16 very uncharacteristic score for Wavo is a huge plus !! Waverly proved they can be a great D !!! I dont mean to offend but it has to let the O play loose knowing they dont have to score 60 to win !!!! I have a gut feeling on the outcome but dont feel educated enough on this game to feel my opinion  is relevant !!!

Send it!

Edited by vandyfan1

I think that Waverly's defense had it easy against CA...yes, they can (could) run the ball well, but the threat of the passing game was low. Riverside has a more diverse offense, and the Tigers wont have the luxury of "expecting" every snap to be a run. Riverside's defense is better than CA's (don't believe me, ask LC), and I expect that 20 will not be enough to send Riverside home to play basketball.

Waverly is in a dangerous place for this game, as the kids on both teams remember their last meeting. The Tigers know that they outscored Riverside by a wide margin after spotting them a 2+ touchdown head start and the Panthers know that too, but you'd better bet that the Riverside kids will believe that they can "fix" what was broken that allowed those points. I'm not ready to predict a Riverside victory, but it wouldn't shock me at all. 

• Like 1

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. This is the best team Riverside has ever put on the field in school history. This is the best team Waverly has ever had since I can remember. These are the best teams both schools have to offer. Riverside has gotten progressively better as the year has gone by. Has Waverly? If the answer to that is "yes," we all know what will happen next Fri. If the answer is "no" Katie bar the door. 

I think the second half offensive slow down by Waverly vs CA was coach trying to eat the clock and trying not to show all his play cards while being up 20-3 in first half, especially with the Tigers D stepping up. It almost came back to bite us. I think his mentality was offensively if we needed a big play then we could make it on 3rd and long while eating the clock grinding the football. Most definitely know McConnell knows what he is doing. That’s the whole point of installing the new offense. Gives us the option to grind the football while eating the clock. I think depending on the team we play dictates what offense we run. Pick your poison Waverly. I dig it. I know that there is A LOT more offense that hasn’t even been shown yet. The staff and team will be prepared come Friday with a good game plan. The key to this game for Waverly will be to stay balanced, control the run, and stop the rollout waggle play. Appears they like that pass play and the guy dragging across the midfield was always open. Appears to be our weak point. Comes down to communication defensively and passing the guy off crossing the middle and picking him up. Waverly needs to create turnovers and make explosive plays, like our block punts and kickoff and punt returns. Gonna go one of two ways, a shoot out, or a blow out. Momentum will be key, thankful Waverly is at home. Gotta stay focused this week and not be laxed. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, @38320 said:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. This is the best team Riverside has ever put on the field in school history. This is the best team Waverly has ever had since I can remember. These are the best teams both schools have to offer. Riverside has gotten progressively better as the year has gone by. Has Waverly? If the answer to that is "yes," we all know what will happen next Fri. If the answer is "no" Katie bar the door. 

I dont think this is the best Waverly team but thats a question nobody will ever know. 

Yes Waverly is better and Riverside is too. Its like Redneck said it will be a coaching match.

3 minutes ago, @38320 said:

Riverside, maybe...Waverly, I think '16 was a little better because of their defense. In my opinion, Waverly has a gold ball in their trophy case to prove that barring the Trezevant team that was "not a 2A team".

I've been a staunch Waverly believer from week zero, but I think that they haven't progressed like Riverside has...their defense has been stellar all year, and the offense has gotten better each week after about week 4. Enough to make up the difference??? We will know Friday night.

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I dont think this is the best Waverly team but thats a question nobody will ever know. 

Yes Waverly is better and Riverside is too. Its like Redneck said it will be a coaching match.

Wavo had some great teams in the late 80s and early 90s I think, while Camden was really down.