Waverly and Riverside Round 3

vandyfan1

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

I can see where you come up with that General just like Watertown is the underdog against Trousdale this Friday. I hope we are tge underdog and I hope the remaining teams takes us lightly!

But you are really going to do whatever you can to put Waverly down. I think you have become a Waverly troll. 

I guess you missed my post on the Waverly CA thread. Stop being  ababy   

2 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

well obviously Waverly is the higher seed. but Riverside is coming off the most impressive win of the playoffs and has beaten 2 better teams that Waverly has. They also have the confidence of knowing they more than held their own the first time. They also play a more physical style, according to your own R6 bretheren.  

Either way won't be a shock. Will waverly have a letdown after avenging last year's win.  whuch team is clicking more. 

one special question for R6 peeps- Waverly's #45 seems to be impossible for Forrest or CA to stop. He was plugging away for 5-7 yards every time. How did RS handle him

They shut him down pretty much thats what we been trying to tell you but you dont seem to understand. We made RS look silly passing the ball. They couldnt stop that. Every team out there better watch out because if you stop one play maker your just opening the door for one of our other ones. 

9 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I think Waverly is an underdog the rest of the way. Riverside, Peabody/UC, Watertown/Trousdale/Meigs. 

Don't take it personally. 

Waverly beat RS by 4 scores already this season. I know that doesn’t matter, but I honestly think Waverly has gotten better since then. The scores aren’t as impressive because we haven’t been running our explosive offense. We have been grinding the rock and eating the clock. Coach McConnell learned from past experiences that in order to beat some teams it takes grinding the rock, eating clock, and keeping the defense off the field. 

On the flip side of that, we still have our explosive pass offense that we haven’t had to use in a while. But it’s still there. 

It’s all about scheme and strategy. Waverly is well coached. Every team we have played this year has outsized us. Looking at opposing teams you would think they would beat the brakes off us every game. Just doesn’t happen.

General, you have a personal vendetta against Waverly for whatever reason. It’s all good, doesn’t matter. Your opinion hasn’t panned out for you yet. Might just should keep your nose in Forrest. 

2 hours ago, Trollin said:

Waverly beat RS by 4 scores already this season. I know that doesn’t matter, but I honestly think Waverly has gotten better since then. The scores aren’t as impressive because we haven’t been running our explosive offense. We have been grinding the rock and eating the clock. Coach McConnell learned from past experiences that in order to beat some teams it takes grinding the rock, eating clock, and keeping the defense off the field. 

On the flip side of that, we still have our explosive pass offense that we haven’t had to use in a while. But it’s still there. 

It’s all about scheme and strategy. Waverly is well coached. Every team we have played this year has outsized us. Looking at opposing teams you would think they would beat the brakes off us every game. Just doesn’t happen.

General, you have a personal vendetta against Waverly for whatever reason. It’s all good, doesn’t matter. Your opinion hasn’t panned out for you yet. Might just should keep your nose in Forrest. 

Actually it was three scores lol. I've been saying all along high school games in particular are all about match ups. Lewis was a good match up for rhs while ca was a bad one for waverly. But the Tigers survived n advanced. Waverly as it was shown earlier this season is not a good match up for the panthers. Waverly tried to establish running game early on. The panthers aided by a couple of bad snaps on third n long shut down the Tigers offense early n jumped out to a 17-0 lead. A lead that was quickly erased n the second quarter. No doubt both teams are better at this point but think riverside will figure some things out this Friday. Not disrespecting or trying to talk trash but rhs somehow is moving to the semifinals 

On 11/11/2018 at 11:33 AM, GeneralAmerigha said:

I haven't see Riverside this year, but their shutout at LC is the surprise of the playoffs in my book. Wavelry's two wins aren't as impressive. Plus RS is the more physical team it seems. I'm going with them to win.  

General!!!!! Good to see you man! I thought you may have gotten deathly ill from all that crow. They said that stuff is bad for your blood pressure, lol. :grin: But seriously, I love your post and your back and forth. I think your hate for Waverly is what's pushing us through, so I really need you to amp it up this week ok. Last week was stellar, but this is the quarters so I'm gone need you to step your game up. I got a feeling this gone be a rough one and Riverside is coming to give us all we can handle, so we really need the hate right now. Thanks in advance! :thumb:

• Upvote 2

On 11/10/2018 at 5:02 PM, Super8Dad said:

Agree with you 2000% especially in the second half, I was like wth? The guys on the fence was ripping coach a new one on some of those calls to the point where he had to call a timeout! But, heard it through the grape there might just be a few changes to offense this week. Can't say to much, they might be listening. Shhhhhhhhhhh, you hear em' ;-)

Are they changing offenses because we shut them down the 2nd half?  Our d line shut down their o line.  If our d line would have played like that the 1st half we’d be playing this week. 

Edited by NickLAndime