CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

23 minutes ago, footballover said:

Just listened to the end of your radio show. Lots of coach speak. Win the battle up front, penalties, turnovers, cold balls, yada yada yada. NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME ON THE ROAD. The streak continues CORNDOGS! Those boys you had on the radio sounded scared to death! 

Yada yada yada we will see Friday 

53 minutes ago, footballover said:

Just listened to the end of your radio show. Lots of coach speak. Win the battle up front, penalties, turnovers, cold balls, yada yada yada. NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME ON THE ROAD. The streak continues CORNDOGS! Those boys you had on the radio sounded scared to death! 

I'm glad you tuned in. Now, let's get a few things straight. First off, it was a lot of coach speak. We will see what your coach has to say Thursday. The cold temps and footballs were brought up by me, so there's that. I guess you missed the part where he said we were coming to win a football game. Cornersville does not have the rich playoff history that Huntingdon does, I think we all know that by now. Our last road playoff game was against South Pitt 2 years ago and we were demolished as a 4 seed. That was the same year I believe if I looked at it correctly this Mustang team went 8-3 with a first round exit as well. As far as the guys being scared to death as you put it, I can guarantee you it's not of Huntingdon. Both of those guys were on the field last year getting the W. Have you ever been a 17 year old talking on the radio with mom, dad, and many others listening? It's called being nervous. For one, it was only his 2nd time doing it. I do not believe any Cornersville poster has said anything negative about the mustang players, so please leave your negative comments about players to yourself. Streaks were made to be broken, WC proved that last Friday. Maybe it's time for us to do the same.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

I'm glad you tuned in. Now, let's get a few things straight. First off, it was a lot of coach speak. We will see what your coach has to say Thursday. The cold temps and footballs were brought up by me, so there's that. I guess you missed the part where he said we were coming to win a football game. Cornersville does not have the rich playoff history that Huntingdon does, I think we all know that by now. Our last road playoff game was against South Pitt 2 years ago and we were demolished as a 4 seed. That was the same year I believe if I looked at it correctly this Mustang team went 8-3 with a first round exit as well. As far as the guys being scared to death as you put it, I can guarantee you it's not of Huntingdon. Both of those guys were on the field last year getting the W. Have you ever been a 17 year old talking on the radio with mom, dad, and many others listening? It's called being nervous. For one, it was only his 2nd time doing it. I do not believe any Cornersville poster has said anything negative about the mustang players, so please leave your negative comments about players to yourself. Streaks were made to be broken, WC proved that last Friday. Maybe it's time for us to do the same.

Very well said

• CoachT locked this topic