CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

56 minutes ago, footballover said:

Alot has been mentioned about the talented junior class for Huntingdon. Only losing 3 starters on each side of the ball. Who steps in for Woodard and Whitaker next year? How old is CV QB? Will we see this game again next year?

Huntingdon should be at the top of the pack next season with all they have returning. 

I’ve really enjoyed all the smack talk, trash talk, friendly conversation, and football talk, even those folks that try too hard, at the end of the game tomorrow night,   ————- 

The winner will be who wants it the most and who has the least turnovers. Hard for me to make a prediction on this, cause we gonna see the winner at the Lake next week. 

Hope each team lays it all on the field with no injuries. And to all y’all traveling tomorrow, be safe.

By far the game of the week in 1a west

35 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Huntingdon should be at the top of the pack next season with all they have returning. 

Indeed. I think a lot of fans feel that Huntingdon needs to come away with some hardware either this year or next with so many 3rd and 4th year starters. Otherwise our coaching situation should be evaluated. Which seems like a ridiculous statement when you look at Huntingdon's recent W-L record, but the team has really underwhelmed relative to expectations for the past 6 or 7 years.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Indeed. I think a lot of fans feel that Huntingdon needs to come away with some hardware either this year or next with so many 3rd and 4th year starters. Otherwise our coaching situation should be evaluated. Which seems like a ridiculous statement when you look at Huntingdon's recent W-L record, but the team has really underwhelmed relative to expectations for the past 6 or 7 years.

:roll:

1 hour ago, footballover said:

Alot has been mentioned about the talented junior class for Huntingdon. Only losing 3 starters on each side of the ball. Who steps in for Woodard and Whitaker next year? How old is CV QB? Will we see this game again next year?

Cville QB is a junior. I would think we’d likely take a step back next year (6-4/7-3), but it’s really unpredictable without knowing our OOR opponents and not knowing what the other teams in our region will look like. We definitely have some talent returning, though.

1 minute ago, sportsnutz said:

I have seen some coaches in big games make some very questionable decisions and it's glaringly obvious that those decisions cost some talented teams games that they should have won.

2 hours ago, footballover said:

This will be cornersville last year of being good. They’ll hit a hard fall off next year, leaving Huntington as the clear favorites in the West with lake county close behind, very close. 

1 hour ago, Outsider1998 said:

This will be cornersville last year of being good. They’ll hit a hard fall off next year, leaving Huntington as the clear favorites in the West with lake county close behind, very close. 

Yeah, it’ll be a few years until we’re back on par with these Cornersville teams. The middle school group we have now is 49-1 dating back to flag. The same core grew up playing together similar to our current senior class.

• CoachT locked this topic