CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

24 minutes ago, fullbackdive said:

#22 was getting direct snaps and running down our throats. You don’t see C’Ville fans getting all tore up. Why? Because their kids executed and made plays. We got beat by a better team. It happens. 

Good post. Huntingdon would be insane to let your coach go. He wouldnt be on the market long bet that.

8 hours ago, Guidance1812 said:

Just go home from the 901, hope none of you ever have to make that trip, it was a joke, every quarter had a 29 minute clock with 145 flags, thrown, 135 of them picked up after a 10 minute discussion for each flag, and after the refs showed prep were they were supposed to line up each play, but cartman is spot on, instead of me bumping all the delusional stangs instant victory proclamations , I’ll leave this thread with this

cornersville is same team, a year older and wiser

stangs will hit a stone wall

conersville by one score, 

oh , keep looking past us, we are mediocre at best

see you Friday dawgs

long post , but the crying in here from the stangs is depressing, 

I knew something was up. I didn't get a final on your game til about 10:30

11 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Did y'all just get him last night lol

May sneak in a player from Huntingdon before Fridays game since he lit Cornersville up last night.Didnt read the article as Jackson Sun doesn't recognize LC but heard Hunt player said in the paper he was looking forward to the Cornersville game and prove that he should be Mr.Football.Maybe we sneak him in and give him another chance

• Upvote 1

In all actuality, we all know Swenson will get another year with this junior heavy team. Huntingdon will once again come in as the odds-on favorites in 1A. Just like they were in 2012 and 2017. 

No one ever said they expect Huntingdon to win a gold ball every year. But when you have the talent they've had, and people across the state are expecting them to compete for the championship and you consistently getting knocked out in the quarters....

Something gotta give, here. If Swenson has more than 1 page in his playbook, he's got one more year to show it to Mustang fans.

And for everyone commenting earlier about my criticism of the defense, I AM NOT blaming the players. They played their hearts out. Miller didn't put them in the best position to make plays though. Bulldogs consistently gashed that left side, and the defense made no adjustment.

As far as the big catch that set up the game winning TD, it was a HECK of a catch. The only thing that could've been done different on that play is for #8 to knock that ball down instead of going for the pick. 

On offense, we were a shell of the team that we saw all year. They put the game on #9's shoulders and C-Ville was keyed in on him. They didn't go for any of the misdirection, and we didn't make them pay for it. #7 and #8 Are the two fastest players on the team, and they barely touched the ball. Terrible game plan by Huntingdon. Great plan by C-Ville and their players executed. Even with the 2 turnovers, C-Ville was able to overcome because of the excellent execution on both sides of the ball.

Once again, congrats to the Bulldogs and I can't wait to see you guys compete for the gold again this year!

• CoachT locked this topic