CORNERSVILLE @ HUNTINGDON THE REMATCH

footballover

2 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I will ask this of the Cornersville faithful..

Where in the world did this coach come from? He gets every single bit out of his team. 

He is a blessing that's been one of cornersvilles problem is coaching  from my 8th to sr year we had 4 coaches and the kids love him 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bull02 said:

He is a blessing that's been one of cornersvilles problem is coaching  from my 8th to sr year we had 4 coaches and the kids love him 

Coach Stocstill is a legend in Cornersville, but I will go ahead and say Coach Randolph is the best to ever walk the sideline in Frog Bottom.  Years from now, it will be called Randolph Field.

50 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

In all actuality, we all know Swenson will get another year with this junior heavy team. Huntingdon will once again come in as the odds-on favorites in 1A. Just like they were in 2012 and 2017. 

No one ever said they expect Huntingdon to win a gold ball every year. But when you have the talent they've had, and people across the state are expecting them to compete for the championship and you consistently getting knocked out in the quarters....

Something gotta give, here. If Swenson has more than 1 page in his playbook, he's got one more year to show it to Mustang fans.

And for everyone commenting earlier about my criticism of the defense, I AM NOT blaming the players. They played their hearts out. Miller didn't put them in the best position to make plays though. Bulldogs consistently gashed that left side, and the defense made no adjustment.

As far as the big catch that set up the game winning TD, it was a HECK of a catch. The only thing that could've been done different on that play is for #8 to knock that ball down instead of going for the pick. 

On offense, we were a shell of the team that we saw all year. They put the game on #9's shoulders and C-Ville was keyed in on him. They didn't go for any of the misdirection, and we didn't make them pay for it. #7 and #8 Are the two fastest players on the team, and they barely touched the ball. Terrible game plan by Huntingdon. Great plan by C-Ville and their players executed. Even with the 2 turnovers, C-Ville was able to overcome because of the excellent execution on both sides of the ball.

Once again, congrats to the Bulldogs and I can't wait to see you guys compete for the gold again this year!

They're not.LC is more balanced than Hunt.

29 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I will ask this of the Cornersville faithful..

Where in the world did this coach come from? He gets every single bit out of his team. 

Coach Randolph played his HS days at Giles county and went on to play for MTSU. I believe he coached on the Marshall County staff under Tom Turchetta. Went to Cornersville as a Bball coach and was awarded football job when it came open. He will be the first to tell you it's not him, it is his staff and his players that make home look good. Very humble man. All he asks of his players is to believe they can win and to trust in the process. 

18 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

I'm gonna put this game at the top of my list as far as best games I have watched. True defensive battle between 2 really good teams. 

All of the silly penalties on both sides made it sloppy, but I agree about the defensive battle. Not just that, but there were clutch moments from both sides at pivotal points of the game. I would put this one over last year for sure for 2 reasons. 1. This one ended the winning streak on the magic carpet and 2. It was a road playoff win for Cornersville. I said earlier in the thread that streaks were made to be broken and that is exactly what happened.

• Upvote 1

I talked to one guy from Cville last week that said this group was one of the first to play youth football when they started it up, I'm a big believer in youth football making them better when they get older. As for the penalties last night, there were a ton against both teams but most were legit but the refs were a little nit picky

This was one of the best high school games I've ever seen. The stadium was awesome. Much better than Tech. Folks were nice & friendly. The Zebras did an excellent job. The Dogs coaching staff is admirable. Great job Coach Randolph & staff. With the community support I'm thinking Cornersville will continue to be a contender. They are not a 2 hit wonder. Defense wins ships. This bunch will stick you but more importantly they have their mental/responsibility game down pat. Go Dogs!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic