UC @ Peabody (Golden Tradition) (Gold Rush)

PeabodyPride

5 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Here is a interesting note that I just remembered. In 2013, McKenzie went to UC and whooped them 35 to 14. This year UC lost 31 to 14 at McKenzie. This is the only two times we have beat UC since 2007. In 2013 Union City won the state title. Could this prove to be the case this year?

I hope not lol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ysoangry said:

You didn't see the idea your Peabody buddies gave Swo to do to me with his hit squad. And I thought people in Florida are twisted.

I still feel bad man,I am so sorry,it was a joke,but I forgot how BigSwo2 is just as bad if not worse than BigSwoOg !!!! Lets just say dtown it involved a purple and gold cowbell and ysos nether regions,ahahahahhaahahah

Edited by PeabodyPride

8 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Here is a interesting note that I just remembered. In 2013, McKenzie went to UC and whooped them 35 to 14. This year UC lost 31 to 14 at McKenzie. This is the only two times we have beat UC since 2007. In 2013 Union City won the state title. Could this prove to be the case this year?

If we can win the title because of this, I will gladly lose to McKenzie every year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Just to be hypothetical & give everyone something to talk about... imagine if this game was being played tonight & how extremely cold weather & snow would factor into this match up? Who would get the edge? 

UC ground and pound, honestly!! The UC game waa our most balanced if the year !! But if no air raid no W.

Edited by PeabodyPride

You know the first match-up with Peabody really doesn't matter . The Tornadoes were down to their third string QB which also meant two of their best defensive backs were out as well. The McKenzie game UC lost saw Kaleb Craig, who has rushed for 2,034 yards this season, have only 48 yards on 15 carries and was playing hurt. You can say excuses but those are facts. Nobody in 2A has played the schedule UC has this season. @ Mayfield (12-0) @ Penns Grove, NJ (11-0) @ Fairley (9-2) vs Jax SS (10-2) and vs Peabody (11-1). Those are facts. UC is healthy now. It will be a different game. If my memory serves me, UC was down 28-14 to Peabody and had the ball coming out of the half. Score and make it 28-21 who knows what happens and that was with a bunch of kids playing out of position. Maybe Peabody is like Dresden was in 2016 and is just better than UC but they have it to do. UC can't have penalties and they have to hold on to the ball. They have to make a few stops on defense. If they do that, they will win. Throw the 7-5 UC record out the window. This is much different team now. 

11 minutes ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

You know the first match-up with Peabody really doesn't matter . The Tornadoes were down to their third string QB which also meant two of their best defensive backs were out as well. The McKenzie game UC lost saw Kaleb Craig, who has rushed for 2,034 yards this season, have only 48 yards on 15 carries and was playing hurt. You can say excuses but those are facts. Nobody in 2A has played the schedule UC has this season. @ Mayfield (12-0) @ Penns Grove, NJ (11-0) @ Fairley (9-2) vs Jax SS (10-2) and vs Peabody (11-1). Those are facts. UC is healthy now. It will be a different game. If my memory serves me, UC was down 28-14 to Peabody and had the ball coming out of the half. Score and make it 28-21 who knows what happens and that was with a bunch of kids playing out of position. Maybe Peabody is like Dresden was in 2016 and is just better than UC but they have it to do. UC can't have penalties and they have to hold on to the ball. They have to make a few stops on defense. If they do that, they will win. Throw the 7-5 UC record out the window. This is much different team now. 

I can agree with most of this post, it will be a completely different game and both sides know that too.  Only thing I don’t know will be correct is that UC just needs a couple stops, and they’ll win.  Most of the time, UC scores at will and eats the clock which is their best form of defense.   However, Trenton has a good defense this year and may be able to stop UC drives more often than at other times...But Trenton has to score and not have a lot of 3 and outs.  3 and outs are pretty much the nail in the coffin against UC

5 minutes ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

Couldn’t agree more. Each team every week this time of year comes into the game 0-0 & either leaves 1-0 or 0-1 & by the time Saturday morning rolls around, you’re back to 0-0. Records mean nothing at this point. I think everyone that has paid any attention to 2A this year knows that Union City right now has just as good of a shot at making noise as any other team that has the opportunity to play this Friday night. You can never count out the Golden Tornados. This isn’t Bowling’s first rodeo & neither is it Coach Jacobs. Both head coaches have the task of making sure their teams are as prepared as they ever have been for each other. A key to this game is which team has the better week of practice. On Peabody’s side of this, they must have a perfect week of practice so that they can come into this game confident & prepared for that offense. I think they’ll defintely come in with confidence & I’m a big believer in Coach Vowell so I know he’ll have those boys ready to play on defense. Offense for Peabody has to come out hot & fast. The best way to get Union City down is to get up quick & early. The key for Union City is too stop the Peabody ground attack & force them to win through the air. I believe Peabody has the capability to do so but it hasn’t proven so in the latter half of the season. If UC can make the Tide one dimensional, they have a great shot of containing Peabody’s offense. On the offensive side of the ball for UC, the key is to do what they always do... & that’s play sound & grind out those runs with good reads. I said it earlier & I’m sticking with it, if both teams come out & play to their full potential, we will see another great quarterfinal match up like last year. 

1 hour ago, Purple & Gold Standard said:

I think the final score was 56-14