UC @ Peabody (Golden Tradition) (Gold Rush)

PeabodyPride

Alright, Tide and Tornado, not plural for UC cause poor Swo haz been all alone"well mostly". What say yall folk on the score! Pride is thinking a lower scorin game and PHS goes to the semis after a slobberknocker with a 27 to 17  Win !!!! Either way I do believe region 7 will win it all this year !!!! 

ITS A GOLDEN THING

THEY WOULDNT UNDERSTAND 

Edited by PeabodyPride
  • Upvote 1

I'm not going to give a score because I never do. All I'm going to say is that my Tornadoes will be in the game with a chance to win late. If we have that late chance I believe we will pull it out. Our points to focus on will be not to beat ourselves. Penalties and fumbles will be our demise if we don't control them. I truly believe that we can win this game if we play our game. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

I'm not going to give a score because I never do. All I'm going to say is that my Tornadoes will be in the game with a chance to win late. If we have that late chance I believe we will pull it out. Our points to focus on will be not to beat ourselves. Penalties and fumbles will be our demise if we don't control them. I truly believe that we can win this game if we play our game. 

I cant disagree,point of concern is gonna be as follows,can yall run yalls pitch option in this weather!??! Straight up the middle all night wont work for either team !!! Most would disagree but I am glad yall healed up !!!! Hate to see a depleted team,always want best on best!!!!

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE ROLL

Edited by PeabodyPride
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Alright, Tide and Tornado, not plural for UC cause poor Swo haz been all alone"well mostly". What say yall folk on the score! Pride is thinking a lower scorin game and PHS goes to the semis after a slobberknocker with a 27 to 17  Win !!!! Either way I do believe region 7 will win it all this year !!!! 

ITS A GOLDEN THING

THEY WOULDNT UNDERSTAND 

I can't really give a score either cause both of these teams have been known to have off weeks. While I don't expect that to be the case at playoff time you just never know with 15 to 18 year old kids. I will repeat what I said earlier In spite of the fact that we were down in the first game, seeing y'all play then I said I would be surprised if y'all got beat all year. Felt y'all were the lead dog in this hunt. We are much better now than we were then, but if y'all play like y'all played that night then it will be a very tough row for my Tornadoes to hoe. It can be done but it will be tough. I am glad that we are back close to full strength for Tornado football, glad we are playing y'all (cause you want to beat the best) and looking forward to a better game than we watched at the beginning of the season.

2 minutes ago, Goldentidefanatic said:

Roll Tide,I think it will be closer,I guess it all depends on how much extra buttered popcorn UC eats on the buss,never seen a team fumble 6 times one week 0 next over and over,odds are in The Tides favor 0 fumbles last week meen 6 this week??? 

I’m thinking it may have to do with play calling or just getting used to the new combination of players

15 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I’m thinking it may have to do with play calling or just getting used to the new combination of players

I have to respectfully disagree,they have the fumbles outta no where year in year out,however they tend to clean it up almost totally by midway in playoffs unfortunately for us !!!!When you run it into the teeth of the D all game its bound to happen,Payoff usually outweighs that downside though!!!!

Edited by PeabodyPride

14 minutes ago, Goldentidefanatic said:

Roll Tide,I think it will be closer,I guess it all depends on how much extra buttered popcorn UC eats on the buss,never seen a team fumble 6 times one week 0 next over and over,odds are in The Tides favor 0 fumbles last week meen 6 this week??? 

Well buttered popcorn ain't on the menu but I can tell that tonight all them Tornadoes are eating steak and baked taters. It's a tradition that Coach Bowling implemented when he came. For every playoff game we get to, the entire team gets a steak dinner. The steaks start off on the small side but get bigger each week we move forward. I'm hoping they get to eat the largest steak they've ever had by the time this is all over. 

10 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Well buttered popcorn ain't on the menu but I can tell that tonight all them Tornadoes are eating steak and baked taters. It's a tradition that Coach Bowling implemented when he came. For every playoff game we get to, the entire team gets a steak dinner. The steaks start off on the small side but get bigger each week we move forward. I'm hoping they get to eat the largest steak they've ever had by the time this is all over. 

Haha,well we hope not!!!!

I want to address the 6 fumbles one week and 0 fumbles the next week comment. First of all it happened just like that. Six and then zero. The main reason, I believe, is because our starting QB was just getting back under center after a long break and the timing was off a little in the Douglas game. The coaching staff addressed it at halftime and the boys came out more efficient. Since then they have had 2 full weeks of practice and a playoff game to sharpen up on the timing of the offense. Second, as is his method of operation, Coach Bowling has been using water soaked footballs in practice and he has been known to make the players practice in wet pants and jerseys. I hope this pays off come tomorrow night.