UC @ Peabody (Golden Tradition) (Gold Rush)

PeabodyPride

9 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

Gonna be a war Friday night. The veer vs the idk what you call our offense. 

We have a good offence.  So many weapons.  I sit high in the stands and I saw plays waiting to happen.  Middle of field wide open. TCA had a very good short passing game that confused us but Coach Jacobs and coach Vowel made good adjustments on the fly.  I don't know what happened at halftime, but that was a total different team coming out of the locker room.  If we can get a little more creative on offense, I can't see anyone beating us.  People are stacking against us. Cooper, Wilkins, Dickson were beast last night along with the rest of the supporting class.  It was obvious Noah was held on that pass right in front of the ref. That would have been 6, great call. I just dont see guys stopping Noah one on one.  Got to get him in space.  The ref has got to make that holding call.  All in all, I have said many a times, that we are always very prepared.  UC and Phs will be a good game for a half.  I think we win by 2 or three touchdowns and that is not based on the 56-14 earlier beatdown.  If both teams play their best, we should win this one.  See ya Friday!

Edited by Golddoctor

7 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

We have a good offence.  So many weapons.  I sit high in the stands and I saw plays waiting to happen.  Middle of field wide open. TCA had a very good short passing game that confused us but Coach Jacobs and coach Vowel made good adjustments on the fly.  I don't know what happened at halftime, but that was a total different team coming out of the locker room.  If we can get a little more creative on offense, I can't see anyone beating us.  People are stacking against us. Cooper, Wilkins, Dickson were beast last night along with the rest of the supporting class.  It was obvious Noah was held on that pass right in front of the ref. That would have been 6, great call. I just dont see guys stopping Noah one on one.  Got to get him in space.  The ref has got to make that holding call.  All in all, I have said many a times, that we are always very prepared.  UC and Phs will be a good game for a half.  I think we win by 2 or three touchdowns and that is not based on the 56-14 earlier beatdown.  If both teams play their best, we should win this one.  See ya Friday!

Our D-line is special.  Figure out the magic as McKenzie did and it's all over.  I do see UC coming with a short passing game but not as effective as TCA. Roll Tide!

Edited by Golddoctor

Here me now... Peabody will not make it any further than this round if they aren’t able to figure out how to stop being so mundane on offense. Teams are stacking the box against Peabody, & basically they’re saying, “if you’re gonna beat us, you’re gonna have to throw the ball.” Peabody just hasn’t had to do that yet because they are so much better from a positional stand point than the teams they have been playing. It may not show right now but you guys will see this coming Friday that Peabody will be in for a long night if they just expect to run UC over all night. The last meeting I think Peabody played well all around. They ran it well & threw the ball around well. They were able to spread UC out & a lot of teams early on making them have to respect the pass which opened up the run game. As of late, I’ve seen teams put 7+ guys in the box most of the time & Peabody continues to play in to their favor by running the ball into a loaded box. & remember as I stated earlier, they have been able to get away with it for the most part because they just physically outman so many of the teams they have played but at this point in the season, that won’t fly. I think the Baugus kid has completed under 10 passes in the past 4 games. Don’t quote me on that but I believe that to be accurate. Peabody’s defense is the real deal. TCA had them on the ropes in the first half throwing some stuff at them they hadn’t prepared for but they made key adjustments coming out of halftime & that D Line got to their QB & forced some turnovers. As long as Peabody’s defense keeps playing the way they have been all season, they will always have a shot but the offense is what should worry all of the Peabody faithful. I see an absolute dog fight happening this Friday. I think Peabody is the better team but the better team doesn’t always win. UC deep in the playoffs is always scary. They haven’t won multiple gold balls since 2009 for no reason. Should be a classic. I saw a post earlier that stated the turnouts for the past two playoff games haven’t been very good. There is no reason that stadium shouldn’t be packed out without an open seat this coming Friday. Both towns need to get out & supports these kids. It’s makes the atmosphere that much better & it’s something that the kids will always remember. Good luck to both teams. Looking forward to hear what everyone thinks this week. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

4 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

Yes! Our running game is probably the best a team can have in the state. We aren’t a true spread team tho. When we put halbrook back there in a jumbo set that was probably a formation we need to sit on. 

52 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Yes! Our running game is probably the best a team can have in the state. We aren’t a true spread team tho. When we put halbrook back there in a jumbo set that was probably a formation we need to sit on. 

Our running game is special.  We wore TCA down with it.  But teams with depth will give us problems if we don't develop our short game.  Good coaches stick with what brought them there.  That is what I saw last night.  UC will be a better opponent but not as confusing as TCA was.  With that said, UC has a problem with depth also.  And UC has a less than average secondary.  Noah is special along with the Hammonds kid, and we need to exploit their talents.  Our coaches are trying to get him the ball in different situations and that is the right thing to do.  The best player on this team is Jarel Dickson.  I say this because of he is so unselfish.  He does his job of blocking and congratulate his teammates when they score.  He is the most level headed high school football player I have ever seen.  He could easily have 2000 yards.  Our coaches are doing a fine job in spreading the wealth.  Although I wish we could hit the tight end a little more.  But I know, even as an armchair QB, you got to take what the defense gives you.  Roll Tide!!

Edited by Golddoctor