UC @ Peabody (Golden Tradition) (Gold Rush)

PeabodyPride

1 hour ago, TennReb31 said:

Those asking about UC posters, I haven't posted much because I really don't know what to think. Our team has been so up and down with TO's this year that it is hard to know. On yalls side, even though we were shorthanded in last game I said the way yall played you would likely go undefeated. Then you lost to GC and from what yall have said about some of your other games weren't hitting on all cylinders at some other times. End result being. End result being who knows. If one team has an off night then its probably gonna be in trouble. If we both play our best it should be a slobberknocker. Actuality will probably be somewhere in middle. I expect a good fun game.

I will tell you how to beat Peabody. It’s not hard, it’s very simple. Load the box, sell out to the run, play off of #7 Halbrook so that he doesn’t get behind you, & you can stop Peabody’s offense. Peabody relies heavily on running Baugus at QB but if they have to get away from that, all you see is a quick screen or a vertical to try to throw #7 who hasn’t beat anyone down the field in weeks because teams are playing soft coverage on him. Peabody has just outmanned everyone so they haven’t had to worry about it yet. It changes this week mark my words. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

1 minute ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I will tell you how to beat Peabody. It’s not hard, it’s very simple. Load the box, sell out to the run, play off of #7 Halbrook so that he doesn’t get behind you, & you can stop Peabody’s offense. Peabody relies heavily on running Baugus at QB but if they have to get away from that, all you see is a quick screen or a vertical to try to throw #7 who hasn’t been anyone down the field in weeks because teams are playing soft coverage on him. Peabody has just outmanned everyone so they haven’t had to worry about it yet. It changes this week mark my words. 

Makes no sense,put Noah or Eli in quick routes ,earlier we had 3 and 4 guys a game catchin passes now ,nothing !!!

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Makes no sense,put Noah or Eli in quick routes ,earlier we had 3 and 4 guys a game catchin passes now ,nothing !!!

You’re right. My only point is that Peabody has only been handicapping theirselves. Don’t get me wrong, they have been whooping some tail on defense & I expect nothing less from them based off their performance all year long. Defense is what gives them the shot to make it far, but based off what we have seen offensively, once they do meet a team that can stop the run, they will struggle to put up points if an adjustment isn’t made through the air i.e. Gibson County game. GC sold out to the run & Peabody couldn’t do anything about outside of the long TD run coming out of half. 

42 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

They haven’t been trying to pass really 

I'm not buying any of this we can't pass or we don't pass stuff. I'm sure you might not pass as much as you can but I'm expecting the Tide to come out throwing the ball around quite a bit more than you have been. However, like I said earlier, we have gotten much better with our pass defense lately. I know everyone knows that the team that's coming to town on Friday is not the same team that got blown out earlier this season. We have gotten stronger and stronger each week since the McKenzie debacle. The Tornadoes are coming to play

2 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

I'm not buying any of this we can't pass or we don't pass stuff. I'm sure you might not pass as much as you can but I'm expecting the Tide to come out throwing the ball around quite a bit more than you have been. However, like I said earlier, we have gotten much better with our pass defense lately. I know everyone knows that the team that's coming to town on Friday is not the same team that got blown out earlier this season. We have gotten stronger and stronger each week since the McKenzie debacle. The Tornadoes are coming to play

We know  I’m sure the coaches know 

9 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

UC tough post season !? Naw never !! 

31 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

I will tell you how to beat Peabody. It’s not hard, it’s very simple. Load the box, sell out to the run, play off of #7 Halbrook so that he doesn’t get behind you, & you can stop Peabody’s offense. Peabody relies heavily on running Baugus at QB but if they have to get away from that, all you see is a quick screen or a vertical to try to throw #7 who hasn’t beat anyone down the field in weeks because teams are playing soft coverage on him. Peabody has just outmanned everyone so they haven’t had to worry about it yet. It changes this week mark my words. 

I agree with you. Last year halbrook had a break out season because teams didn’t know much about him, but as I watched last year and I said after the UC game teams will know how to cover him this year and as we got away from the BTW and a milan team that hadn’t found their identity yet we are were we are now with little to no passing threats all night. After talking with some guys I know from UC they are starting to get to being a well oiled machine and that is scary with a veer offense.