Stratford @ Fairview

thenextone

13 hours ago, Swarm said:

Boy I'm still just really in shock about this matchup. The odds on this would have been ridiculous. I knew we had a shot against East but with them having 6 D1 commits felt like a big underdog. And who would have thought Stratford would knock off Pearl after the beating they handed them just a few weeks ago?? Insane. 

Both of these teams are coming into this game riding massive highs.

Stratford is the Cinderella story having gotten on track late in the season and just slayed the quad 3 giant. They make movies about stories like this.

Fairview finally sees a glimmer of real hope to get over the 3rd round hump for the first time in school history. 

All the makings for a classic! 

Funny I was talking up your coach to the marker guys on the Camden sideline and one of them doesnt like the coach too much and  kept going on and on about his lack of playoff success. I just told him we all have fans that dont like the HC or  feel like the other teams got the better coaches because of
" insert perceived short comings" .  Ya'll got a  good one for sure !   I will be rooting for yall from the Huntingdon v Cornersville  game.

I would like to add that neither team is a loser after Friday..great runs for both already

Edited by Beagle

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Funny I was talking up your coach to the marker guys on the Camden sideline and one of them doesnt like the coach too much and  kept going on and on about his lack of playoff success. I just told him we all have fans that dont like the HC or  feel like the other teams got the better coaches because of
" insert perceived short comings" .  Ya'll got a  good one for sure !   I will be rooting for yall from the Huntingdon v Cornersville  game.

I would like to add that neither team is a loser after Friday..great runs for both already

Fairview has won in the playoffs.  They don't have state championship trophies like Alcoa but they've advanced on a regular basis to the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

Thanks Beagle! We appreciate all the support we can get. I'd definitely be returning the favor if it were your Lions. 

As for the sour grapes, boo bird types... You know what they say about haters. They just gonna hate. We're thrilled to have coach Hughes and all of his staff. He hasn't won any gold or silver yet but that's through no fault of his own the way I see it. I believe this is his 10th season as a head coach and this friday is his 4th time taking us to the quarterfinals. Prior to that we had been to the quarters just once in school history. The great thing about Hughes is he just keeps getting better too. Those trophies are coming. I guarantee it. The man is a relentless competitor and loves, loves, loves this community. It's his hometown!

13 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

We don’t know anything about Stratford over in West Tenn. Could someone explain how they lost to PC 55-0, then turned around and won by what 32-27? 

What was the difference between the two games?  I’d sure like to understand.

The Pearl posters on here said they hit them in the mouth and there wasn't anything they could do about it. 

While I personally think there has to be more to it than that. I have seen Stratford and they are immensely talented and absolutely enormous. I can see how it could happen. Especially if they controlled the clock and left Pearl's offense shivering on the cold sideline all night. A couple lucky bounces and momentum can do amazing things. 

Biggest upset in metro history they say. 

17 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

We don’t know anything about Stratford over in West Tenn. Could someone explain how they lost to PC 55-0, then turned around and won by what 32-27? 

What was the difference between the two games?  I’d sure like to understand.

I missed the first game, but last Friday basically they did what y'all did last year in the 2nd half. We couldn't get Stratford offense off the field. They control whole game. Defense played bad, I know we loss couple games before Friday but our defense wasn't blame. Last time they looked this bad was actually 2nd half against y'all last year.

3 minutes ago, Swarm said:

The Pearl posters on here said they hit them in the mouth and there wasn't anything they could do about it. 

While I personally think there has to be more to it than that. I have seen Stratford and they are immensely talented and absolutely enormous. I can see how it could happen. Especially if they controlled the clock and left Pearl's offense shivering on the cold sideline all night. A couple lucky bounces and momentum can do amazing things. 

Biggest upset in metro history they say. 

Yeah that score is misleading also, when I leaving the score was 26-14  and Stratford had the ball with 3min left to go. They really out played us we didn't deserve to win.

Edited by FIREBIRD80

22 hours ago, Swarm said:

Thanks Beagle! We appreciate all the support we can get. I'd definitely be returning the favor if it were your Lions. 

As for the sour grapes, boo bird types... You know what they say about haters. They just gonna hate. We're thrilled to have coach Hughes and all of his staff. He hasn't won any gold or silver yet but that's through no fault of his own the way I see it. I believe this is his 10th season as a head coach and this friday is his 4th time taking us to the quarterfinals. Prior to that we had been to the quarters just once in school history. The great thing about Hughes is he just keeps getting better too. Those trophies are coming. I guarantee it. The man is a relentless competitor and loves, loves, loves this community. It's his hometown!

I do think Hughes is a good coach but he has been blessed with enormous talent over the last 6-7 years.  Of course there are always rumors of how guys just seemingly move in out of no where and become eligible at Fairview hence the QB this year and the RB last year.