Stratford @ Fairview

thenextone

On 11/14/2018 at 9:09 PM, District12AA said:

Having seen Fairview this fall and knowing the type of athletes and physicality Stratford plays with I have to say the Spartans win by 2 TDs.

I don't believe Fairview will be able to contain the Stratford running back nor can their line keep Stratford's defense at bay to move the ball.

Stratford 28

Fairview 14

26-14 almost spot on

• Like 1

Swarm I have a real question.  I have heard that this was Fairviews last real shot at going  to the semi's or even a state title game for a while.  They have had a great run of athletes over the last 6-7 years but from what I have heard they are losing a ton and the replacements are simply not as atheletic or talented.  Is this true or will they just reload next year?

33 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Swarm I have a real question.  I have heard that this was Fairviews last real shot at going  to the semi's or even a state title game for a while.  They have had a great run of athletes over the last 6-7 years but from what I have heard they are losing a ton and the replacements are simply not as atheletic or talented.  Is this true or will they just reload next year?

Absolutely zero talent coming up for Fairview.  They’ll be lucky to field a football team next year.  I’m sure the 1-2 players that they do have will end up playing at Giles County before Christmas.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

You heard wrong buddy. The pipeline is loaded all the way back through 6th grade in the middle school at least. Whether that translates into state title games will depend on alot more than just talent but the athletes are there. Theres going to be better years than others but the group that's now in 7th and 8th grade are going to be something special. I personally don't think we're going to fall off very much if at all after this year. Obviously a Mr. Football candidate is hard to replace but that's what we said last year too. We return alot of starters and guys getting significant PT. We're also growing like wildfire too. Rooftops and subdivisions are going up everywhere. Fairview football will be in good shape for the foreseeable future. 

21 hours ago, Swarm said:

You heard wrong buddy. The pipeline is loaded all the way back through 6th grade in the middle school at least. Whether that translates into state title games will depend on alot more than just talent but the athletes are there. Theres going to be better years than others but the group that's now in 7th and 8th grade are going to be something special. I personally don't think we're going to fall off very much if at all after this year. Obviously a Mr. Football candidate is hard to replace but that's what we said last year too. We return alot of starters and guys getting significant PT. We're also growing like wildfire too. Rooftops and subdivisions are going up everywhere. Fairview football will be in good shape for the foreseeable future. 

Do I see a move up in classification in 2 years for Fairview, with all the new rooftops and subdivisions usually means higher population, which usually means more students.  Another 110 students and they are 4A.

2 hours ago, ocac said:

Do I see a move up in classification in 2 years for Fairview, with all the new rooftops and subdivisions usually means higher population, which usually means more students.  Another 110 students and they are 4A.

I don't think it will be in 2 years but we may elect to move up to 4a anyway. With the new 900 acre, 800 lot Stephens Valley subdivision on Sneed Rd being zoned for Fairview theres no doubt that we'll be well above 3a enrollment soon enough. Honestly with us most likely being on the west side of the bracket we'd probably stand a better chance getting to Cookeville if we were in 4a right now. In my opinion anyway. I think we'll be in a region with Springfield, Greenbrier, White House, etc. 

10 hours ago, Swarm said:

I don't think it will be in 2 years but we may elect to move up to 4a anyway. With the new 900 acre, 800 lot Stephens Valley subdivision on Sneed Rd being zoned for Fairview theres no doubt that we'll be well above 3a enrollment soon enough. Honestly with us most likely being on the west side of the bracket we'd probably stand a better chance getting to Cookeville if we were in 4a right now. In my opinion anyway. I think we'll be in a region with Springfield, Greenbrier, White House, etc. 

I think Fairview can do well in 4A.  The region you mention is made up of White House, White-House Heritage, Springfield, Portland, Creek Wood, Montgomery Central & Greenbrier.  I don't see Springfield being in this region much longer.  I can see them moving up to 5A in next classification.  Also, I think WH-H will move back down to 3A.  They have not won a region game in 2 years.  They elected to move up to be with fellow Robertson County schools.  Very tough region, especially with Portland resurgence.  But again, The Nashville region 5 needs teams to fill their region.  They are only a 5 team region and Giles County will beg to get out of that region in 2 years.  It won't happen because TSSAA won't let Giles do anything upon request.  lol.  Fairview is fairly close to Nashville and they have quick interstate access.