Upperman vs Red Bank Round 3

TNmommaofboys

5 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

On another note. How was the scrimmage with Cookeville last season? They were talking it up like they put it on Alcoa. They were decent but I didn't think they were that strong. 

I don’t remember anyone putting it on us in a scrimmage last year??? I usually try and keep up with scores and I don’t recall losing.However, I have slept since then and it was just a scrimmage. Hammer, do you recall???

I do have a feeling that if Alcoa’s AD contacted Cookeville to play a two year series, they would refuse to play. I’m just glad they scrimmaged. It’s getting more and more difficult to find anyone to step up. :thumb:

Edited by Throwdeslant

1 minute ago, MadHatter1 said:

On another note. How was the scrimmage with Cookeville last season? They were talking it up like they put it on Alcoa. They were decent but I didn't think they were that strong. 

Im trying to remember, think he is talking about spring of '17, I think it was maybe 21-7 or 28-14 Alcoa, something like that. I remember we were tinkering with our D a little bit and their RB hit us up the middle on a long run. But that was really it. 

1 minute ago, 32hammer said:

Im trying to remember, think he is talking about spring of '17, I think it was maybe 21-7 or 28-14 Alcoa, something like that. I remember we were tinkering with our D a little bit and their RB hit us up the middle on a long run. But that was really it. 

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking too. I know I would remember if we got handled. Been a long time since that’s happened in a scrimmage...

Their coach is from the Rankin tree. I thought they scrimmaged this year. Probably didn't go well for them.  No way they would play y'all in the regular season. They fill their non district games with 3 and 4a teams. Occasionally a 1 or 2a where they can have a decent record every year. It was the 17 scrimmage I was talking about tho. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

Their coach is from the Rankin tree. I thought they scrimmaged this year. Probably didn't go well for them.  No way they would play y'all in the regular season. They fill their non district games with 3 and 4a teams. Occasionally a 1 or 2a where they can have a decent record every year. It was the 17 scrimmage I was talking about tho. 

Yup. The Rankin tie is probably the only reason we got the scrimmage. We will take what we can get...:thumb:

We used to get Farragut, Bearden and Oak Ridge to scrimmage. Now they won’t even consider it...... But they always wanna talk about how good they are once the regular season starts. :-o

Edited by Throwdeslant