D2 AA Semis

Mothman26

With one of last years finalist upset by FRA the door is wide open for a team from Nashville to head to Cookeville not named CPA. BGA-FRA was low scoring game which FRA I believe had 2 missed field goals and got stood up on the goaline on 4 chances. The other game man sucks that one of these teams won’t be going to Cookeville Lausanne and CPA both tore up the competition put in front of them to this point and sets them up with a state championship caliber game in the semifinals. One thing CPA has used completely to their advantage is home field as it seems like they haven’t played on a dry field at home since ensworth. They even called a helicopter to try to dry it off which didn’t work for tonight’s game. A Star studded Lausanne team comes in vs a more well rounded CPA team which should be a great game 

FRA 10

BGA 24

CPA 38

Lausanne 35

tellin u won thing...them BGA folks better not for lettin down and makin no errs cause them Panthers r extremely well coached and ant got no quit in them......pullin for sum FRA in this one.....just cause Booger got to b part of watchin them b part of a "what just happen"...

.....as for the other competition......them Presyterians better b for backin up all that hype and mega players everyone sayin they got..

....still cant believe what was laid witness to last Friday

Booger just sayin :shock:

Edited by Booger

I saw the helicopter trying to dry off the CPA field.  If they are smart, CPA will use a wildfire Chinook helicopter this week to dump more water on the field for Luzi.  CPA is fast, Luzi is blazing.  Mud and a field that turns to slop after the first series tends to neutralize the advantage. If this were played on turf I would say Luzi by 10-14.  Instead it may be dead even.  I'm telling you CPA boys know how to run and cut in that stuff.  

Back on Nov 2nd, Warhawk posted he'd seen both teams AND he thought CPA would end the streak. What do you say, Warhawk? Still have the same vibe?

I really don't have a dog in this fight anymore, other than hoping FRA shocks the world, since they took us out. I just love an "underdog". All three teams are underdogs, until somebody knocks off the 2-time defending champs. My hope is to see FRA v CPA in Cookeville.

It’s rained all day yet again. All games in middle Tennessee on natural grass are going to be slippery for sure Friday night. I don’t remember a wetter football season than we’ve seen this year. 

I’ve also not seen anyone mention it even though it’s been reported via various sources that one of my favorite mudders, #9 has been out since the first series against USJ. I hate seeing a senior’s season end via injury. He was averaging 10+ yards a carry this year. CPA is deep at RB and treat the position via committee. Hard to replace an all state safety though...

I don’t believe there has ever been a more experienced CPA team given the 30+ seniors on the team, the majority of which have played together since middle school and some even at the pee-wee level.

Lausanne? 38 straight wins and arguably the best running back the state has ever seen says it all.

I do think this is a game that most people have wanted to see for two years now, but it’s still just a semifinal game. I don’t buy into that this is really the championship game. Any of the four teams left could beat the others. Just ask Pearl Cohn about Stratford...

I know there are Lausanne fans that browse but don’t post, just like CPA. I wish you guys safe travels on Friday. The Den should be packed and the atmosphere off the charts. I think both teams will leave everything on the field. Hopefully we’ll watch an injury free game and one that both fan bases will talk about for years. It’ll be really hard for the team that loses, but both teams have a lot to be proud of regardless of this game.

• Like 1

Watched Lausanne vs ECS twice this year.  Eagles gave them all we had, but came up short both times.  We were down 6 with about 5 minutes left last weekend, had to punt, punt was blocked, Lausanne scored on the short field, and there was just not enough clock left to get back in it.  Lausanne adds one final score on the last play of the game with a pick 6 as we were pressing to make something happen.  I'm very anxious to see how both semifinal games play out, but particularly interested in CPA-Lausanne.  Lausanne's starters only played a full game 3 times this year, twice vs ECS and their OT win vs Whitehaven.

Lausanne isn't quite as good up front this year as they were last year, but still plenty talented.  Eric Gray is such a dynamic player, like none we saw anywhere else.  Saw the speed merchants from Knoxville Webb in the first game, and Gray is a better back.  He's shifty, tough, lightening fast and smart (as anyone who has played against them can attest).  Both times we played them his speed and elusiveness basically led to large early leads, and they are tough to come back on.  Their QB and WRs are good enough to make plays if you give them to them, but Gray is the straw that stirs that offensive drink.

Lausanne's defense is extremely fast on the back end, which negates a lot of chunk plays in the run game.  It's very hard to come back on them once they get a lead because of their athleticism.  In the first meeting we were able to hit some big plays on a kick return and scored on them with some deep shots in the passing game, but it wasn't enough.

In my opinion (which is worth every cent you pay for it), for CPA to win, they are going to have to tackle well first and foremost (miss a run fit, and Gray goes for 60+), make no mistakes/turnovers (tough to spot them a lead and come back), and get some big plays in the passing game.  If they can keep Lausanne from the "shock and awe" lead they get on most everyone (including ECS) due to nobody really being ready for just how good Eric Gray is, they will have a shot.  I really dont know a whole lot about CPA, but from what I've seen (watched a little bit of them when we were getting ready for BGA), they are an extremely talented team with a bunch of salty seniors ready to leave their mark.  

Lausanne is a team whose weaknesses are tough to find.  Talented senior class that is used to winning.  They havent really played in a tough environment against a high quality opponent (Whitehaven was on a neutral field, both ECS games were at Lausanne), so CPA might get a little something from a "home field" advantage, but it will come down to needing to play fundamentally sound, mistake-free football.

Good luck to both teams!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle901 said:

Watched Lausanne vs ECS twice this year.  Eagles gave them all we had, but came up short both times.  We were down 6 with about 5 minutes left last weekend, had to punt, punt was blocked, Lausanne scored on the short field, and there was just not enough clock left to get back in it.  Lausanne adds one final score on the last play of the game with a pick 6 as we were pressing to make something happen.  I'm very anxious to see how both semifinal games play out, but particularly interested in CPA-Lausanne.  Lausanne's starters only played a full game 3 times this year, twice vs ECS and their OT win vs Whitehaven.

Lausanne isn't quite as good up front this year as they were last year, but still plenty talented.  Eric Gray is such a dynamic player, like none we saw anywhere else.  Saw the speed merchants from Knoxville Webb in the first game, and Gray is a better back.  He's shifty, tough, lightening fast and smart (as anyone who has played against them can attest).  Both times we played them his speed and elusiveness basically led to large early leads, and they are tough to come back on.  Their QB and WRs are good enough to make plays if you give them to them, but Gray is the straw that stirs that offensive drink.

Lausanne's defense is extremely fast on the back end, which negates a lot of chunk plays in the run game.  It's very hard to come back on them once they get a lead because of their athleticism.  In the first meeting we were able to hit some big plays on a kick return and scored on them with some deep shots in the passing game, but it wasn't enough.

In my opinion (which is worth every cent you pay for it), for CPA to win, they are going to have to tackle well first and foremost (miss a run fit, and Gray goes for 60+), make no mistakes/turnovers (tough to spot them a lead and come back), and get some big plays in the passing game.  If they can keep Lausanne from the "shock and awe" lead they get on most everyone (including ECS) due to nobody really being ready for just how good Eric Gray is, they will have a shot.  I really dont know a whole lot about CPA, but from what I've seen (watched a little bit of them when we were getting ready for BGA), they are an extremely talented team with a bunch of salty seniors ready to leave their mark.  

Lausanne is a team whose weaknesses are tough to find.  Talented senior class that is used to winning.  They havent really played in a tough environment against a high quality opponent (Whitehaven was on a neutral field, both ECS games were at Lausanne), so CPA might get a little something from a "home field" advantage, but it will come down to needing to play fundamentally sound, mistake-free football.

Good luck to both teams!

that was beautiful Eagle and well done....and same as Booger seen it last year....and again this year......CPA blamed their 2017 season on a cheap shot ny one of Haslams boys.....when they met the Irish at Vermont Ave and got caught withg their pants down....they blamed it on Webb and not that the Irish and Staff were better that night......these Pesbyterians r real good and Booger convertin friday to presbyterian and not Co-operian

lets see if that all world pl;ayer for CPA and that world class staff can handle the Tea

Booger just sayin 

14 minutes ago, Booger said:

that was beautiful Eagle and well done....and same as Booger seen it last year....and again this year......CPA blamed their 2017 season on a cheap shot ny one of Haslams boys.....when they met the Irish at Vermont Ave and got caught withg their pants down....they blamed it on Webb and not that the Irish and Staff were better that night......these Pesbyterians r real good and Booger convertin friday to presbyterian and not Co-operian

lets see if that all world pl;ayer for CPA and that world class staff can handle the Tea

Booger just sayin 

On 11/17/2017 at 8:52 PM, BreadTruck44 said:

Booger, good win buddy. You guys looked really good tonight. Good luck in Cookeville. 

On 11/18/2017 at 12:13 AM, BreadTruck44 said:

Yep, it got away from us a bit there at the end. Offensive line for ND was impressive and the defense had great stops when needed.  Wynn definitely lived up to the Mr. Football finalist honor. I hope we get to play each other again next year.  Great atmosphere and game even though I would have liked different results. I think ND will match up well with Lausanne. 

Booger, you straying from the truth a little bit again...