South Side was cheated tonight against Springfield!!

Tez2319

9 minutes ago, FootballPops said:

Honestly I dont think that many penalties were called.  It may have been lopsided, but not 25 penalties. Honestly i think our D Line kicked the O lines tail all night.  By the way ain't no way yall got all that speed on the field, and yall cant score. Not just in our game.  I mean y'all score 28 on 2A teams. The OC might need to be fired.

I said 21 not 25! 

Just now, Tez2319 said:

I will have the official number tomorrow! I guarantee we triple y’all on penalties. Y’all got away with a lot at home! I will say yalls D Line was on it tonight! 

So you was just throwing some random number of penalties, and thought we was going to bite.  You start a whole thread about it, and dont have correct info.  Southside had some key penalties that were drive killers. See, I was at last years game. I bet the DLine jumped offsides everytime we went on 2.  That's called undisciplined football.

Just now, FootballPops said:

So you was just throwing some random number of penalties, and thought we was going to bite.  You start a whole thread about it, and dont have correct info.  Southside had some key penalties that were drive killers. See, I was at last years game. I bet the DLine jumped offsides everytime we went on 2.  That's called undisciplined football.

Not random at all but I was counting! It’s not official but I guarantee I am close sir! It’s called y’all paid them refs!! 

16 minutes ago, FootballPops said:

Honestly I dont think that many penalties were called.  It may have been lopsided, but not 25 penalties. Honestly i think our D Line kicked the O lines tail all night.  By the way ain't no way yall got all that speed on the field, and yall cant score. Not just in our game.  I mean y'all score 28 on 2A teams. The OC might need to be fired.

Man oh man, hawks are not what I would consider fast or speedy Pops.  

If that was fast the Indians are gona be a real problem for ya

definitely a solid quarterfinal game between the top seeds coming our way, cannot wait to hear about it

8 minutes ago, dhstennis said:

Man oh man, hawks are not what I would consider fast or speedy Pops.  

If that was fast the Indians are gona be a real problem for ya

definitely a solid quarterfinal game between the top seeds coming our way, cannot wait to hear about it

They had speed on defense and a couple kids that could get it on offense, we got plenty speed, looking forward to next week, expecting a tough challenge...

The accepted penalties tonight were as follows: 4 for 30 yards for Springfield and 11 for 86 yards for South Side. I talked to the Springfield stat guy after the game and that is what he had. South Side may or may not have gotten a fourth time out in the second half. Springfield had a holding penalty called on a screen pass, which is ridiculous and negated what looked like a 60 something yard gain to inside the SS 5 yard line. I’d say we got robbed on that one. Most of the SS penalties were offsides and procedure penalties, which are discipline penalties,  with a couple of holds mixed in. The killer was the unsportsmanlike conduct on 20 when SS was close to FG range to try to take the lead, but that 15 yards was a killer. Oh, and the refs didn’t block those two kicks that cost SS 4 points   

I know 27 was out for the Hawks but in case you didn’t notice our Mr. Football semi finalist number 23 was very limited tonight and a non factor.  He still was wide open on numerous occasions but our QB probably had his worst night ever throwing the ball. 

I get why you’re upset, and if we had lost I’d be mad too.  Springfield gave you every opportunity to beat them, but you didn’t capitalize. Our defense saved our season tonight but our offense has done it many times this year. I’d be mad as a SS fan that the ball wasn’t thrown to 85 in the second half when he had a couple of big gains in the first half. It was like the OC forgot about him. It seemed like SS only ran 2-3 different plays over and over in the 2nd half. 

Props to SS on a great season.  Be proud of what your young men accomplished. I know head coach thinks a lot of the SS head coach and has nothing but good things to say about him from what I’ve heard. He’s got a good thing going there for you guys. Give him all the support you can and maybe we can meet up again next year. One thing is for sure, our games together are always interesting! 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

The accepted penalties tonight were as follows: 4 for 30 yards for Springfield and 11 for 86 yards for South Side. I talked to the Springfield stat guy after the game and that is what he had. South Side may or may not have gotten a fourth time out in the second half. Springfield had a holding penalty called on a screen pass, which is ridiculous and negated what looked like a 60 something yard gain to inside the SS 5 yard line. I’d say we got robbed on that one. Most of the SS penalties were offsides and procedure penalties, which are discipline penalties,  with a couple of holds mixed in. The killer was the unsportsmanlike conduct on 20 when SS was close to FG range to try to take the lead, but that 15 yards was a killer. Oh, and the refs didn’t block those two kicks that cost SS 4 points   

I know 27 was out for the Hawks but in case you didn’t notice our Mr. Football semi finalist number 23 was very limited tonight and a non factor.  He still was wide open on numerous occasions but our QB probably had his worst night ever throwing the ball. 

I get why you’re upset, and if we had lost I’d be mad too.  Springfield gave you every opportunity to beat them, but you didn’t capitalize. Our defense saved our season tonight but our offense has done it many times this year. I’d be mad as a SS fan that the ball wasn’t thrown to 85 in the second half when he had a couple of big gains in the first half. It was like the OC forgot about him. It seemed like SS only ran 2-3 different plays over and over in the 2nd half. 

Props to SS on a great season.  Be proud of what your young men accomplished. I know head coach thinks a lot of the SS head coach and has nothing but good things to say about him from what I’ve heard. He’s got a good thing going there for you guys. Give him all the support you can and maybe we can meet up again next year. One thing is for sure, our games together are always interesting! 

Ok so where you at the game?