Springfield @ Jackson NS Rd 3

Kevin38

12 hours ago, WRudolph2003 said:

Oh yeah I was there, one of the best games I have seen in a while. Congrats on the Super Bowl btw. My issue with most Springfield fans, not all, is you NEVER give credit to anyone else. Just like your comment here, 2 breakdowns on pass coverage, no it was too well executed pass plays by JNS. I’m pulling for you guys but stop being such annoying fans. Your team is great, they don’t need your excuses. This time of year, teams trade haymakers back and forth. Just the way it was meant to be. Enjoy it

Also that jab at Montgomery County didn’t bother me at all, you made it to a state championship which is great but we won a couple (ok Rossview won a couple lol)

Dude I am not taking away nothing North side had heart and kept fighting. Honestly poor coaching killed them. They gave 23 way to much space and just kept on and never made adjustments. The pass coverage breakdowns was absolutely facts. The qb made that one long pass which was on the money but it was playing catch with the dbs standing there looking at each other lost. 

It was the same thing with you though when it came to Central running for over 300 yards on your defense. It wasn't what a really good team and a great game, it was the officials fault. Was it bad coaching that night on Springfields part when Central threw that RB wheel pattern at end of game? No, of course not. Guess the DB's were just standing around looking lost then too. Since you pride yourself on your football knowledge, please enlighten us on how you would guard 23 if you were coaching against him. What in game adjustment do you think teams have available to them against a kid like that, who is the best athlete most of these kids will ever share the field with. Don't say put safety over the top because several teams have tried that. Don't say Cover 4 because teams have tried that. 2 Man hIgh-been tried. I would love to hear your game plan.

dude we all know your the football wizzard on here since you tell everyone how everything should be done. I darn sure would not set back and get screened to death. If he is gonna beat me he will have to beat me over the top. Yes alot of teams have tried that but wouldnt you rather have the qb have to make a difficult throw and be in sync on the deep ball than leave a man wide open in space and the qb have the easy throw? I mean my god everyone knew he was gonna make a play with that much space. The wheel route you are referring to caught us off guard. Central does not throw we knew that and they made  a great call and it worked. I never said a word about the refs so you got me mistaken with the crybaby from southside. As far as you running for 300 yes the defense played horrible, but they have not been very good against the run on nobody. we didnt feel your claims of how much faster northside was than southside either. SS had the best defense we seen this year bar none and they flew to the football. It was evident that northside couldnt stop us from scoring but on the same page we really couldnt stop them either. I said that was one of the most exciting games i watched and the qb from northside was amazing. I was told centrals big full back got injured in the 4th for central...if thats true i believe if he stayed healthy central wins that ball game. 

12 hours ago, WRudolph2003 said:

I was thinking the same thing about too much time being left. Those two plays by 23 should make him Mr.Football in my opinion. There is no player more valuable to his team than him. I have seen Greeneville play this season and they would be in 4th rd without Ballard, although he is a great player. Their defense is stout, especially their safety 14 or 16 I can’t remember. He was an absolute stud.

One thing we actually agree on lol

14 hours ago, WRudolph2003 said:

Oh yeah I was there, one of the best games I have seen in a while. Congrats on the Super Bowl btw. My issue with most Springfield fans, not all, is you NEVER give credit to anyone else. Just like your comment here, 2 breakdowns on pass coverage, no it was too well executed pass plays by JNS. I’m pulling for you guys but stop being such annoying fans. Your team is great, they don’t need your excuses. This time of year, teams trade haymakers back and forth. Just the way it was meant to be. Enjoy it

Also that jab at Montgomery County didn’t bother me at all, you made it to a state championship which is great but we won a couple (ok Rossview won a couple lol)

Off topic but your baseball coach at Rossview is a very good one

4 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

dude we all know your the football wizzard on here since you tell everyone how everything should be done. I darn sure would not set back and get screened to death. If he is gonna beat me he will have to beat me over the top. Yes alot of teams have tried that but wouldnt you rather have the qb have to make a difficult throw and be in sync on the deep ball than leave a man wide open in space and the qb have the easy throw? I mean my god everyone knew he was gonna make a play with that much space. The wheel route you are referring to caught us off guard. Central does not throw we knew that and they made  a great call and it worked. I never said a word about the refs so you got me mistaken with the crybaby from southside. As far as you running for 300 yes the defense played horrible, but they have not been very good against the run on nobody. we didnt feel your claims of how much faster northside was than southside either. SS had the best defense we seen this year bar none and they flew to the football. It was evident that northside couldnt stop us from scoring but on the same page we really couldnt stop them either. I said that was one of the most exciting games i watched and the qb from northside was amazing. I was told centrals big full back got injured in the 4th for central...if thats true i believe if he stayed healthy central wins that ball game. 

Football wizard, I like that. Can I steal that and use it as my screen name? I think common sense tells you that teams throw screens to get CB's to play up so they can beat them deep. I would rather him have to run through half the defense like 23 did on last play than just outrun one CB to score which he does pretty much ALWAYS. I didn't realize I was telling people how to do stuff on here. I explained the triple option to someone one time but other than that. Anyway I def don't know it all, hope I don't come off like that. I never said Northside was faster than SS, I said they were faster than you. I have never saw SS play, on film or in person but they obviously had a strong defense. You are right about fullback being injured, he was breaking off 8-10 yards a carry. He def would have gotten the ball on that 2 point conversion at the end of the game. Then we got to OT and who knows, Central had figured out JNS offense by that point. Anyways, I look forward to the game Friday and I am pulling for the local team although I cannot bring myself to say Go Jackets and mean it.

9 hours ago, WRudolph2003 said:

Football wizard, I like that. Can I steal that and use it as my screen name? I think common sense tells you that teams throw screens to get CB's to play up so they can beat them deep. I would rather him have to run through half the defense like 23 did on last play than just outrun one CB to score which he does pretty much ALWAYS. I didn't realize I was telling people how to do stuff on here. I explained the triple option to someone one time but other than that. Anyway I def don't know it all, hope I don't come off like that. I never said Northside was faster than SS, I said they were faster than you. I have never saw SS play, on film or in person but they obviously had a strong defense. You are right about fullback being injured, he was breaking off 8-10 yards a carry. He def would have gotten the ball on that 2 point conversion at the end of the game. Then we got to OT and who knows, Central had figured out JNS offense by that point. Anyways, I look forward to the game Friday and I am pulling for the local team although I cannot bring myself to say Go Jackets and mean it.

You making the trip to Brownsville to watch the game Friday?

7 hours ago, WRudolph2003 said:

If I can slip away from the wife the day after thanksgiving without getting a divorce, I will surely be there. Although Oakland and Maryville is tempting.

I hear you, I am recording Oakland/Maryville because they always make that the mytv30 game of the week in the semis.....

I will watch that when I get home...

Maplewood and Greeneville will be a solid game too I think. Closer than people think. Maplewood will have more speed than most teams Greeneville plays. I saw Elizabethton beat Greeneville deep more than once which tells me Maplewood will be able to score. Now I don't think they can stop Greeneville running the ball but you never know, that is why they play the games.

• Like 1