CROCKETT @ KNOX CENTRAL QUARTER FINALS

jeffery6

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, blazer1set said:

You're not thinking that the coach might be enticed to move to..... Kingsport??

I think he's smart enough to look at the situation in Kingsport and not want any part of it. Plus, he's an outsider and there's no way the "Good ole Boys" are going to let him in. So, no I'm not thinking of Kingsport. He'll end up at one of the Knoxville schools.

I haven’t seen Central play but I know Coach Rosser and can attest to the fact that he is a fine football coach and will be prepared. Catholic has very good lines and a quarterback who can pick you a part if he has time.  The key to the game I think is if Centrals lines can play with them and on offense, run the ball, and on defense pressure the quarterback with their front people allowing the secondary to cover.  I think Catholic wins, but I am pulling  for Central. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 3:48 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

I have a feeling that if Crockett can hold on to this coach we could be seeing the beginnings of another dynasty much like Greeneville has in "Upper East Tn.". I really think he will get more athletes interested in playing and I think Science Hill will start losing top players to Crockett starting next year. Everybody wants to play for a winner. "If they can hold onto the coach"

I'd say he will be there for a few years at least.  He was blessed with some outstanding athletes but he found a way to bring them together after last year's drama.  The only way I see him leaving is if he finds a really good job elsewhere.  6A is a dead end, unless you want to get into it simply for the money.  He can coach the next 30 years at Crockett now if he wanted and no one would say a word.

If Johnson City kids start seeing the writing on the wall football wise, that would be very interesting for Boone and Crockett prospects into the future.  I went back and looked at those scores and Crockett had a debatable state championship squad this year.  Who know what would have happened with him coaching two years and this group of guys.