Henry County @ Kirby

Gbrpats

1 hour ago, Gbrpats said:

HC - Averaging 38 ppg

Allowing 15 ppg

Kirby - Averaging 43 ppg

Allowing 15 ppg

This is a particularly deceiving stat. We frequently hear about the Patriots "calling off the dogs" and putting in 2nd and 3rd squad members on Defense. The majority of the points scored are after this has taken place. So in looking a bit more closely, and including the games where the 1st team defense stayed in the whole game, our allowed points are much closer to 8 ppg.

Also, I believe that this QB and RB may be the best we have seen this year. These two are very skilled players! Fast and slippery. On the other hand, the offensive and defensive fronts are no where near the best we've seen. So this is going to no doubt be an interesting matchup...

21 minutes ago, Drewcephus said:

This is a particularly deceiving stat. We frequently hear about the Patriots "calling off the dogs" and putting in 2nd and 3rd squad members on Defense. The majority of the points scored are after this has taken place. So in looking a bit more closely, and including the games where the 1st team defense stayed in the whole game, our allowed points are much closer to 8 ppg.

Also, I believe that this QB and RB may be the best we have seen this year. These two are very skilled players! Fast and slippery. On the other hand, the offensive and defensive fronts are no where near the best we've seen. So this is going to no doubt be an interesting matchup...

You are right I believe Beech only scored 7, Dyer County was getting shut out, Liberty was getting shut out, Kenwood got 8, West Creek was either getting shut out or had 7, NE got 13, NW was getting shut out, Munford was getting shut out, Ridgeway got 8. Thats all from the 1st team defense of HC

7 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

The fact ya'll have to come here to deal with #15 and the D1 QB #2 makes me certain we're moving on to Black Friday.  I may be at the game unless duties are called for be to be elsewhere. I'm looking forward to possibly finally seeing HC in real life.

Well we did face the best 2 RB's from Montgomery County who was on the same team in Clarksville NE. They also had a big time QB. We all see how that went. HC went to Clarksville NE and beat them 37-13. NE was 8-0 on the football field at the time.

3 hours ago, MSURacer said:

I'll give Kirby a few home field advantage style points, but I still like HC to pull this out, especially if we have as much of an advantage in the trenches as Drew indirectly implied above. 

I'll say 27-16 Henry County 

I think Ridgeway has a much better line, as does Beech and Haywood. However, these guys make up for it with #15 running all over the place trying to be elusive - which he is most of the time! Its going to be hard for them to stop us, but our Defense is going to have to be VERY disciplined and stay on assignment and not just fly to the ball.

3 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

The fact ya'll have to come here to deal with #15 and the D1 QB #2 makes me certain we're moving on to Black Friday.  I may be at the game unless duties are called for be to be elsewhere. I'm looking forward to possibly finally seeing HC in real life.

Well, I agree with #15, going to be tough to tackle! Their QB though has a new issue to deal with - the coach that recruited him got fired Sunday! I am hoping his mind is preoccupied! Plus, Kirby is going to have to stop us and score on our defense every time they possess the ball - a tall order for them. All that aside, I am looking forward to meeting you BHS (again). We plan to tailgate at the stadium so look for us!