Henry County @ Kirby

Gbrpats

38 minutes ago, Gbrpats said:

Wait a minute!!! Didn't Kirby just play Southwind at Kirby on that "turf" and BARELY beat a 7-5 team. It took a SAFETY!?!?!?!?! A safety?????? A SAFETY??? WHAAAAATTTTTTT!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yep. A safety. A 7-5 team. It's playoff football. Win by any means necessary. I think HC wins. I do think the venue helps Kirby though.

One thing that I will say, which has been said many MANY times before - Defense wins championships! Personally, I am a bit worried about #15 on special teams. I think our Defense is good enough to hold them in check. They will score, but not all the time. But on special teams, we have to be on point! HAVE to!!!

Go Big RED!!!

8 hours ago, Gbrpats said:

Well I know one TD that Germantown got was from a super short field after an INT. Don't let the score from the G-Town game fool you. It was tied 14-14 at halftime. G-Town scored 10 in the 3rd and it was tied 7-7 in the 4th. We played them close 3 out of 4 quarters. 

Yeah, and the last TD scored by HC was due to a short field.  Germantown muffed a punt.....

12 hours ago, Gbrpats said:

Turf? That's the difference in the ball game? Dont make me laugh bro! Its a little different but it in no way will be deciding any ball game Friday night in Memphis. And honestly Kirby will face the toughest defense they have played all year hands down!! Thats the facts! I don't see Kirby scoring over 21. Thats only because its in Memphis. If it was in Paris Kirby only scores 14. What's y'alls answer if that RB of y'alls gets shut down?? Our pass coverage is on point right now. 

#15 won't get shut down. He's crazy fast

22 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

I was shocked that it was that close. Hopefully the boys look at that as a real deal wake up call

Good morning Senator. You didn't respond to my earlier request so I assumed you missed it. What can you tell me about the Kirby area? Parking? Tailgate areas? Eating recs?Safety?Look us up pregame- would love to visit with you again.

GO BIG RED

1 hour ago, Gbrpats said:

Kinda true we had to go around 40 yards. G-Town only had like 15 yards to go 

My point was that the score was kinda deceiving.  H C didn't move the ball at all the second half. 

The 7 points came off a turnover (muffed punt, which means that was another stop) in their own territory a few plays later, well in the 4th qtr.

They didn't cross the 50 for the most part in the second half.  

The first half was back and forth.  The second half pretty much all Gtown.

Gtown Scrimmaged Olive Branch at Olive Branch in the Spring which resulted in a tie game 21-21.

Kirby lost to Olive Branch by 21.... H C lost to Gtown by 10

14 hours ago, kwc said:

However, coach Flowers has been to this level of the playoffs. In fact, he's coached in a championship game when he was the HC at Melrose when they lost to Maryville. He isn't as new to this as it would appear. I had forgotten about that.

I think that's the year Melrose had that incredible O Line and they gave it to Graig Cooper (the best running back in the state that year) like 4 or 5 times the whole game