Henry County @ Kirby

Gbrpats

1 hour ago, olddevil said:

Good morning Senator. You didn't respond to my earlier request so I assumed you missed it. What can you tell me about the Kirby area? Parking? Tailgate areas? Eating recs?Safety?Look us up pregame- would love to visit with you again.

GO BIG RED

Oh, the parking can get tight with the right sized crowd. As you may or may not know, the high school has been under construction since September so the parking may be a bit tighter than normal.  Eating, there are plenty of good chain restaurants out in the east Memphis area. You'll be able to find what you would in any high population area. I'm not from East Memphis so I can't give too many insights to the mom and pop type spots besides A&R Bbq (best BBQ in Memphis imho) located on Hickory Hill near Winchester as well as Southern Hands on Winchester (some excellent soul food)! 

Kirby is as safe as the Haven to me. There are some nice houses around that neighborhood.

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swarm4Life said:

I think that's the year Melrose had that incredible O Line and they gave it to Graig Cooper (the best running back in the state that year) like 4 or 5 times the whole game

You are correct! And after that, Henry County started beating Melrose in the playoffs each year we met. I think Coach Flowers left Melrose on account of that. Of course that was only hearsay at the time 10-11 years ago. I am sure that Coach Flowers remembers Henry County WELL...

2 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Oh, the parking can get tight with the right sized crowd. As you may or may not know, the high school has been under construction since September so the parking may be a bit tighter than normal.  Eating, there are plenty of good chain restaurants out in the east Memphis area. You'll be able to find what you would in any high population area. I'm not from East Memphis so I can't give too many insights to the mom and pop type spots besides A&R Bbq (best BBQ in Memphis imho) located on Hickory Hill near Winchester as well as Southern Hands on Winchester (some excellent soul food)! 

Kirby is as safe as the Haven to me. There are some nice houses around that neighborhood.

Hope that helps

Thanx, Senator. Any chance we'll see you at the pregame?

GO BIG RED

9 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

Oh yeah. We had some epic battles with the Golden Wildcats!

We stole the hut with Melrose in the victory formation, ran it in for a touchdown and the win.  Greatest game ending play in football history at any level.  I double high fived people I never saw even clap at a game in years.

2 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

We stole the hut with Melrose in the victory formation, ran it in for a touchdown and the win.  Greatest game ending play in football history at any level.  I double high fived people I never saw even clap at a game in years.

I'm in complete agreement! That was an absolutely EPIC ending to the game! One for the ages!

3 hours ago, Swarm4Life said:

Ranks up there with the Immaculate Reception. Never seen so many people celebrating...and then asking "What just happened?!"

Mr Shonte Sims took that hand off from the safety position. definitely what just happened moments and one of my favorite Henry County come backs to seal the win

2 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Second time this year an assumed Patriot fan has predicted against us.  I don't recall this happening in my  Coach T tenure.  

What about you OldDevil?

It doesn't matter who picks who really. Everyone has opinions. I can see this game going either way at this point.