Dyersburg Haywood Rematch Round 3

mg

On 11/16/2018 at 2:27 AM, dhstennis said:

It’s hard to say Haywood has underachieved isn’t it???

In all likelyhood they will have played and lost to 2 state championship contenders in Henry Co and MUS.  Throw in Dyersburg or Springfield and the worst they’ve done is losing to a 2nd round player in Briarcrest that fell, what 10-3 to MBA??? The other 3 losses are all playing quarterfinals. That’s impressive. 

This is Hookfins 4th year with the Tomcats. I believe they’ve made the playoffs each year...and falling each year to the eventual state championship contender/winner Memphis East and Springfield.  He brought them to the semifinals in year 3 same as he did Liberty. Haywood hasn’t seen this much success since Stowe left. And yes, they became a doormat soon after that departure...but underachieving, that’s just 1 man’s opinion, same as mine 

I would imagine most of us believe Whitehaven has the most raw talent in the state and they don’t win the gold ball every year.  Are they underachieving as well???

Great post tho, seriously.  Stirred up a lot of emotion for yours truly

I really am something...underachieving

2 hours ago, shawboy said:

We got to the 3rd round with stowe,his play calling was so predictable we were calling his plays in the stands,people were tripping  cuz we were right dang near every play but he has done pretty good at dburg I guess he was so young when he got the job,but he's a decent coach

Stowe is a great coach.  Don’t ever doubt that. Injuries and depth play a huge role in his success and desired success in the postseason. That being said, Haywood is playing fantastic football at the moment. 

• Like 1

Coach Stowe is one of the finest men you’ll ever meet both on the field and off the field.  Although I’m a Haywood fan and I’m glad the Tomcats won ,  I did hurt for Bart, as well as Coach Shearon, after our quarterfinal match-up.  I’ve had the honor of working with both of these men, and I thank them for the job they did when they were at Haywood.  They are great coaches, and I know they will continue to have great success in their teaching/coaching careers.

This is off-topic, and only us oldsters might appreciate this.  Five former Big Ten conference schools/communities are playing for a state championship this weekend.  Good luck to MUS, Henry Co., Haywood, Covington, and Peabody.  Union City, Milan, and Dyersburg are former Big Ten members who made it to the quarterfinals.  Although the state play-offs are a good thing, I really miss the rivalries we had during the Big Ten days and the Thanksgiving Day championship game.

Even though Whitehaven was not a Big Ten member, good luck to the Tigers too.