Mt. Juliet vs Oakland

Bump11

35 minutes ago, AlwaysAPatriot said:

Pretty sure Oakland's strength is their front. Can't see them getting 'dominated up front on both sides of the ball.' It will be a good test for both teams, but I don't believe either team will be dominated up front. It will, more than likely, be the best front that either team has faced all season. (Other than Maryville. They are pretty dang good!)

As far as passing is concerned, Oakland's QB has over 1,400 yards in 12 games (sat the 2nd half in all but 3 or 4 games), 18 TDs, and 3 int's. Oakland doesn't pass very much, but they've been pretty effective when they do. I haven't seen any film on the MJ QB, other than the game from Friday night so I can't really make a judgement on his passing. I think he's an exceptional runner, however.

This game should be a slobberknocker!!! Can't wait to see MJ's field!! It looked like a great place to play!

Dominate is a strong word. I will admit I don't believe they will "Dominate" them up front, but they will certainly hold their own up front and be able to drive the ball down the field. I see everyone has taken that word to heart. I'm just saying the size and athleticism of both teams offensive and defensive lines are closely matched, but MJ's overall strength at those positions will give them the edge. Once again, I originally posted in response to a guy claiming MJ had no talent and it was a "Pipe Dream" for them to even compete with Oakland, when on paper and film, they look to be the slightly better team. But what's on paper doesn't play a factor in what happens on the field. I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm just a fan. I think it will be a heck of a game. I will say I am impressed with the talent that has come through Tennessee in the last 10-12 years. I currently live out of state in a place where they believe football is God and that aside from California, Florida, and Texas no one can compete with their talent. Saying this, Broken Arrrow, Union, And Jenks are some of the top teams in my state, and often beat the best teams out of Texas.  I believe the level of talent in the state of Tennessee is very underrated and able to compete with some of the best teams in the country. 

3 minutes ago, Meat99 said:

Dominate is a strong word. I will admit I don't believe they will "Dominate" them up front, but they will certainly hold their own up front and be able to drive the ball down the field. I see everyone has taken that word to heart. I'm just saying the size and athleticism of both teams offensive and defensive lines are closely matched, but MJ's overall strength at those positions will give them the edge. Once again, I originally posted in response to a guy claiming MJ had no talent and it was a "Pipe Dream" for them to even compete with Oakland, when on paper and film, they look to be the slightly better team. But what's on paper doesn't play a factor in what happens on the field. I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm just a fan. I think it will be a heck of a game. I will say I am impressed with the talent that has come through Tennessee in the last 10-12 years. I currently live out of state in a place where they believe football is God and that aside from California, Florida, and Texas no one can compete with their talent. Saying this, Broken Arrrow, Union, And Jenks are some of the top teams in my state, and often beat the best teams out of Texas.  I believe the level of talent in the state of Tennessee is very underrated and able to compete with some of the best teams in the country. 

I think we would all agree everyone is chasing the Rebels until someone can knock them off the throne. When you break down the teams, Oakland's 1's have given up just over 4 points per contest. MJ is very close to that.  Again, MJ was better than Blackman. Friday night cant get here fast enough

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Meat99 said:

The guy who is making those comments is trying to stir the pot. He does it often. Lol

He’s trying to get folks heated on here. 

Should be a fantastic atmosphere!!!

Proud of the Golden Bears this season. I think this surge started 2 years ago really. Say what you want about a weak schedule but from what I understand MJ is pretty healthy right now. Better to play a real 5 game season with healthy bodies, than limping into the playoffs. CTP and staff are doing an amazing job right now.

lol its funny reading these comments

1. MJ beat a good team last week thus removing the weak schedule argument

2. MJ has a very good defense that has been on display all year

3. Oakland can beat anyone in the state of TN

this shall be a great game and im hoping both teams bring there best effort this friday, with all of that said give me Oakland in this game.

25 minutes ago, Fballfan1978 said:

lol its funny reading these comments

1. MJ beat a good team last week thus removing the weak schedule argument

2. MJ has a very good defense that has been on display all year

3. Oakland can beat anyone in the state of TN

this shall be a great game and im hoping both teams bring there best effort this friday, with all of that said give me Oakland in this game.

To touch on your point 1.... Win or lose come friday night MJ definitely shut some of the haters up. Honestly after how we played last friday, I wouldnt count us out this week either as a 12-0 home field advantage "underdog".