Mt. Juliet vs Oakland

Bump11

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Rockvale did not opt to move. That was done by the TSSAA.

Great season MT Juliet. Good luck patriots against Maryville.

You are correct. However Rockvale will open with 1500+ and probably less than 100 seniors as most will opt (grandfather) to stay at their current school. Honestly they should only play JV in 2019. That’s what Blackman and Siegel did their 1st year of opening. Don’t remember what Stewarts Creek did. 

Really great old school football game.   Everything turned on the blocked punt.   That forced MJ to play from behind in the fourth quarter and that's tough to do against a defense like Oakland.   Anytime you force a team to throw the ball that doesn't throw the ball much, you've definitely got things going your way.   Hat's off to Coach Trey Perry and his staff for an outstanding game plan entering this one.    Really showed some "Stones" going for it on 4th and one from his own 27 yard line.   I wouldn't of done it, but extremely glad it was successful because it would of gotten the worse kind of criticism had they not made it.   Good season Mt. Juliet and very excited I'll be calling the best game in the State next week on 93.9 FM as the Oakland Patriots host the Maryville Rebels!

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Really great old school football game.   Everything turned on the blocked punt.   That forced MJ to play from behind in the fourth quarter and that's tough to do against a defense like Oakland.   Anytime you force a team to throw the ball that doesn't throw the ball much, you've definitely got things going your way.   Hat's off to Coach Trey Perry and his staff for an outstanding game plan entering this one.    Really showed some "Stones" going for it on 4th and one from his own 27 yard line.   I wouldn't of done it, but extremely glad it was successful because it would of gotten the worse kind of criticism had they not made it.   Good season Mt. Juliet and very excited I'll be calling the best game in the State next week on 93.9 FM as the Oakland Patriots host the Maryville Rebels!

I’ll see you there! 

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

The thing about the 4th and 1 is the MJ RB never got back to the line of scrimmage. Perry worked that official into a favorable spot.  That same guy also gave MJ a favorable spot on what should have been a safety.  

Oakland got the W nonetheless. Pats move on!